Forums

Help › Forums

The real season...

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 12 2012 8:33 AM (36 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 8 2012 6:06 AM

After watching that game (was better than the idiot Bills' game) I'm not impressed. Werth is a no show, I don't care how many fly balls he catches. He let them down at the plate, just like he has ever since his free agent contract. Where was boy wonder? 0-5 on the big stage and if Zimmerman doesn't have time to straighten up, set himself, get his hurt arm in throwing position, anything to third base on a slow roller or that has to happen in a split second is going to cost him.

pjctas0822:
    That rarely happens without at least 1 runner crossing the playte. Just as rare as a triple play in the majors. :)

Not in Yankeeland. I can't tell you how many times they did that this year. Look at the game they lost to Toronto in crunchtime. Bases loaded with no outs twice and 1st and 2nd with no outs, all in the first half of the game. Total runs scored-zero. It will be their downfall if they don't fix it.

Long way to go and the only team I see making a serious statement is Cincy.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, Oct 8 2012 7:46 AM

Yeah Yanks are good at that but they win and thats all that matters :)

GO YANKS!!

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2012 9:31 AM

Kryptonite start by Jordan Zimmermann for the Nats.  Looked like he didn't have much on the mound, which is a concern going forward since he's 30-40 innings above his previous career high.  Cards teed off on him.  The bottom line is the Nats head home needing to win 2-3 at home.  I'm still confident.

Big win by the Os at home,  Yanks face the same task at home as the Nats.  Funny, both 2-3 series are 2-0 (the Giants seem DoA) and both 1-WC series are 1-1.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2012 9:47 AM

Heh, kinda looked like the Yankees more than once this year. Instead, they revert to their power outage stage. All both teams needed was a split anyway so it's back to the home field. Unfortunately, Girardi still believes in A-Rod in spite of the Jason Werth imitation (at least Werth makes contact) so the Yankees have to deal with a hole in their order. Maybe he can bunt.

• KJHAWK2
    567 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 8:03 AM

Damn Reds!!! Ughhh.......

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 8:15 AM

Who'da thunk it?

Some serious baseball going on.   :-)

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 8:33 AM