Forums

Help › Forums

Flash Issues Again

Mon, Oct 8 2012 10:39 AM (22 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 11:50 AM

Thanks guys for all your help. and like I said I am no comp. wiz. The problem is fixed, what I did was turn everything off, and disconnected the power source even to the router. waited about a min. and started everything up again. Smooth as can be.

We had a very bad storm this morning and that's when the problem started. Have no idea what happen but disconnecting the power source seem to do the trick

Gary 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 12:24 PM

Woodoworkery:
    disconnected the power source even to the router.

This is probably what fixed it. You reset your ISP connection.

• cadillac1961
    268 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 1:21 PM

Installed the *Opera* now. Meter comes very smoth and direkt. Best browser i do WGT now.

Chrome you can kick in to the weeds. Its only ***.

Gr. Cad61

• zzturk
    150 Posts
    Mon, Oct 8 2012 1:31 AM

To observe flash inside your computer -

instead of typing a web site, clear that browser and simply type about:plugins.

(Make sure to use the colon - it's easy to miss here on your screen - between the two words)

Hit return.

Probably over on the right is a small checkbox called details (it probably shows a + inside it) When you click details, the icon changes to - inside, and your flash versions are usually the first ones listed on the left side, each with the word 'disable'  for active ones.

Read the details of each flash component carefully and disable anything that says "pepper flash" anywhere in that description (the word will change to enable, which tells you it is disabled).

You want to use the remaining one if it is 11.4.402.265 or 11.4.402.278 (latest version) AND does not say pepperflash

Be careful what you click - it is an active page which changes instantly with your key clicks!

One you complete what you set out to do, I recommend closing the browser entirely and re-opening. That empties all flash memory that you accumulated watching videos, ads, WGT, etc.

Then re-open and head back to WGT, if that is your agenda.

• carsley4
    4 Posts
    Mon, Oct 8 2012 2:40 AM

wish wgt would sort slowness issues out. up until yesterday i was 55 days consecutive but couldnt get on my usual time or all night because game was so slow. it took me nearly 1 hr to play a ctth tourney that times itself out due to taking too long to load. i now have to build my xp points up again now. also could you tell me what the score is with watching the carousel videos, it just says it cannot proceed with my request and try again but never works, and finally i have been a member since may and have discussed some topics on the forums but keep getting told that its my first time on it and will have to wait for moderator. knowone will know about my issues if they arent getting checked thankyou Daniel Carsley

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Oct 8 2012 9:07 AM

goldeena:
    Oh that's another good idea! reset the router once a day.

How do you do that.?     Andy

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 8 2012 9:41 AM

alcaucin:

goldeena:
    Oh that's another good idea! reset the router once a day.

How do you do that.?     Andy

Unplug the power for 10 seconds.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Oct 8 2012 9:48 AM

Cheers...

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Mon, Oct 8 2012 9:50 AM

I don't know why resetting the router would fix anything (if you have a connection), but I'm not saying it won't.  Cold-booting your PC can definitely fix problems.

RSS