Forums

Help › Forums

Flash Issues Again

Mon, Oct 8 2012 10:39 AM (22 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 8:40 AM

Is anyone having flash problems again? I am on Comodo Dragon, and just today It has really been bad.

Any advise would be great, I am not real comp. literate 

Gary

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 8:55 AM

How do you get to the game in CD? Open it, go to WGT and click Play Now? I hope not.

If you are, click the CD logo, choose Settings and under "on startup" select the third option-"open a specific page." Click "set pages" and enter the game client url there. (http://wgt.com/gameclient.aspx). OK your way out and close the browser

Now when you open the browser you skip all the WGT stuff and are in the game. I have zero problems with the CD meter.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 9:16 AM

Nope , that didn't do it. It says to disable my pepper flash, but I can't find it  

• GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 9:39 AM

Ha Gary,

Had lots of meterproblems last days myself. I'm using SRWareIron 4 a fair amount of time and it worked well 4 me. But like I said,  I really had a jumpy meter and lots of (major) freezes lately. Today I decided 2 have a go with IE again and 2 be honest, it's almost a flawless meter. Can't believe it myself ;-)

Guess Chrome and its clones just aren't working with WGT right now, at least not 4 us (BTW, I'm using XP)

Cheers, GC

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 9:49 AM

Unless you manually imported the Chrome Pepper Flash player into your Comodo Dragon then it shouldn't be there. How you can check is to to the same as chrome and type in About://Plugins in your Http:// search. Then Scroll through the list and see if it is there. Your Flash Player Plugin should be located at the Botttom Of the list. You may want to Disable the Shockwave for Netscape or update it whichever if it shows needing it.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 10:03 AM

Oldbayrunner:

Unless you manually imported the Chrome Pepper Flash player into your Comodo Dragon then it shouldn't be there. How you can check is to to the same as chrome and type in About://Plugins in your Http:// search. Then Scroll through the list and see if it is there. Your Flash Player Plugin should be located at the Botttom Of the list. You may want to Disable the Shockwave for Netscape or update it whichever if it shows needing it.

No I did not do anything, I just thought I should look and make sure, but  when I type chrome plugins it does not go to that page it takes me to a list of titles about plug ins

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 10:29 AM

Woodoworkery:

Oldbayrunner:

No I did not do anything, I just thought I should look and make sure, but  when I type chrome plugins it does not go to that page it takes me to a list of titles about plug ins

You need to use About://Plugins in your Http:/ search field in Comodo to bring up the list.

• hatcojack
    410 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 10:57 AM

download flash version 265 or 278, either works well. make sure you enable it and disable pepper flash if you have it. what flasah version DO you have enabled?  also make sure you DO NOT have more than one version enabled.

• hatcojack
    410 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 11:00 AM

if nothing else works use internet explorer until you can solve problem, it has no meter issues!

RSS