Forums

Help › Forums

Right index finger

Sat, Oct 13 2012 5:36 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 7:53 PM

Never before in our lives the neuronal connection between our eyes, our brains and our right index finger has been put at test so dramatically as in WGT.

In our personal path for enlightenment and growth on mastering the most at-timed use of such extremity of our bodies, we all have came up with a lot of techniques to achieve that perfect ding  we love to hear when our best handy friend does its job correctly.

Each one of us have to find his own inner rhythm for each club-swing-speed, and when we upgrade clubs we have to redo the whole process of finding that new rhythm all over again.

This is just a way to see it from a fun perspective.  Now, you better be careful with your right index finger, because WGT hasn't came up with an upgrade for thumb, middle or ring finger clickers, unless you find a really weird mouse to play with, cheating the system while clicking with an unauthorized finger ... lol

Cheers everyone.  Let's have some fun playing WGT !

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 1:04 PM

Quijotazo:
    WGT hasn't came up with an upgrade for thumb, middle or ring finger clickers, unless you find a really weird mouse to play with, cheating the system while clicking with an unauthorized finger ... lol

WARNING: Any player found to be using any unauthorized fingers to play will be dealt with harshly!!!

haha just joking, I'm looking forward to hearing all of the different techniques for hitting the ding :)  Is it posture? Caffeine? Lucky shoes? Let's hear it!

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 6:13 PM

Slight digit pressure on the mouse button before clicking help assures I don't click late.

Since I am a picker, I also make sure that this trusty digit is kept clean and dry between shots.

Nothing like having a slick finger slide off the button.

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 6:39 PM

With my shirt off.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 6:45 PM

WGTpizza:
     Is it posture? Caffeine? Lucky shoes? Let's hear it!

Never thought about it till now but..

Posture a must to get right..

Angle of computer and mouse pad, on a slight angle but both aligned..

Towel for right wrist and pillow for derriere.. (was getting friction burns)..

Shutter down in kitchen (too sunny) and lightly tinted shades on (for screen glare)..

Then to the 'Ding'......

Draw back...

Hold for 2 secs..

Start counting down from 3 at a certain point (just after slight stutters upon 1st release)

2 index finger raises  fraction... 1 finger stops, Then ZERO !! Finger accelerates hard down for the perfect shot....Most times... ?  Oh + a lot of coffee after 12 hrs :)

I never knew it was so labour intensive...

Well you did ask .......Andy

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 8:03 PM

WGTpizza:

I'm looking forward to hearing all of the different techniques for hitting the ding :)  Is it posture? Caffeine? Lucky shoes? Let's hear it!

"The Blue Danube" in my head ... but changing tempos :  Waltz for Driver, Jazz for Woods, Hip-Hop for R-11 Irons, Rock 'n Roll for Wedges and "La Cucaracha" for the Putter swing ( ... ha ha ha ... ) not quite, but I do use some inner (musical-like) rhythm in the pursue of achieving punctually such remarkable cosmic-event in my (ours) personal-universe's Big Bang (should call it Tiny Bang actually).

• nat11
    1,638 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 11:18 PM

Draw the club back ........

Then watch it shake, stutter & stagger down then close yer flippin eyes and slam the button as flippin hard as you can  &  Hey presto ....... Work for me lol 

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 11:36 PM

nat11:

Draw the club back ........

Then watch it shake, stutter & stagger down then close yer flippin eyes and slam the button as flippin hard as you can  &  Hey presto ....... Work for me lol 

So that how you get on the dance floor..=]

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2012 12:01 AM

Most important aspect of using the mouse for me is keeping my whole arm elevated and at about the same height as my elbow. I prop the armrest up and level with my gel (wrist) mouse pad for the most comfort while playing for long duration's.  I rest my right index finger with a slight grip from the pad of my finger & ding it just before it crosses the ding line to make line contact. I am left handed but can not use my left hand (awkward) due to the fact this is how I learned the game from day one. And also  use a Gear-head wireless mouse which feels soft on the side (rubber) and is extremely comfortable to use. No lag as long as I keep feeding it fresh batteries about every two weeks..lol

And that's how I use "The Right Index Finger" and not the wrong one...lol

Happy Golfing!

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2012 4:34 AM

People still use mouse mats?

• PAGES
RSS