Forums

Help › Forums

ball switch during game

Tue, Oct 16 2012 1:13 PM (7 replies)
  • vcoach
    18 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 7:49 AM

i knew i was about to run out of good ball so i purchased some more. during game, my ball "ran out" but it switched me to starter ball and i was unable to find way during game to switch to better balls i had purchased. had started with 3 straight birds, finised with 2 bogeys LOL. any help here?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 8:02 AM

If you don't have any balls exactly the same as you are using, it will revert to the starter balls.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 8:38 AM

As Courtney said....With clarification, This game conforms to the "one Ball Condition" rule found in the USGA rules Appendix I; Part C; Section 1c. which states;

c. One Ball Condition

If it is desired to prohibit changing brands and models of golf balls during a stipulated round, the following condition is recommended:

“Limitation on Balls Used During Round: (Note to Rule 5-1)

(i) “One Ball” Condition

During a stipulated round, the balls a player plays must be of the same brand and model as detailed by a single entry on the current List of Conforming Golf Balls.

So as Courtney mentioned during your WGT round if you are on your last ball during your match the game will give you the option to purchase the same ball you are using for the completion of the round. If you opt not to purchase any then when the balls life has depleted or you lose the ball it will revert you to the starter balls to complete your round.  

Hope that helps explain it.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 11:10 AM

Excellent explanation OBR!

Please allow me to add that the consequence of running out of the chosen ball type in real golf is disqualification - remember Tin Cup? The turn to Starter balls may be regarded a concession of WGT to this game's nature.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 11:25 AM

vcoach:
    so i purchased some more. during game

If you purchased from the pop up 'this is your last ball of this type' they should be exactly the same....Beware in Comps - It doesn't always work,  "oops"..Andy

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 11:51 AM

You may then buy them in the Pro Shop during the game - just send your clone :)

(it works, really!)

• borntobesting
    9,687 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 12:37 PM

alcaucin:

vcoach:
    so i purchased some more. during game

If you purchased from the pop up 'this is your last ball of this type' they should be exactly the same....Beware in Comps - It doesn't always work,  "oops"..Andy

I have never had it not work. What might have happened is that you clicked too close to the x on the upper right had corner of the box and closed it instead of buying balls. There are a couple of exceptions to that. If the ball you are playing is not actually sold in the pro shop it won't buy them. That is something like the free dove balls. 

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 1:13 PM

Sometimes it says, "sorry did not work" but in most if not all cases it worked nonetheless.

As I said, you can visit the pro shop during the game and "fill up". It will increase the number in the inventory.

And yes, unavailable balls won't be sold - tried this in vain with some Legend balls after the sleeve ran out.

RSS