%

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 24 2012 5:58 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • onlymarsden2
    89 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 4:10 PM

Hey guys,

What game format is the best to up your %? Just curious. I was at 100% but, site went down for maintenance... knocked me to 97% then all players quit and i get the message "please close this window and try later" knocked me to 93%.

Not A big deal...Just looking for advise on best format to get back to 100%

Thanks, 

• cadillac1961
    268 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 4:21 PM

LOL.... i get more support that I go to 1% Level here.................

Gr. Cad.....61 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 4:28 PM

Blitz....

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 4:36 PM

Only, you're golden.  Just don't play with a lot of quitters and people with sorry connections.

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 6:28 PM

onlymarsden2:

[What game format is the best to up your % ?] [knocked me to 93%. Not A big deal...Just looking for advise on best format to get back to 100%]

About two months ago I went down to 60% due to technical problems on my end. Resolved those problems and learned that playing fast blitz games, two players only, give you faster results on that, and the best part is that two people get more commited to finish.  Yet the even better part I learned is this :

Play with everyone you can.  More than just a little game, WGT is a whole social phenomena.  One gets to play with people from all over the world.  Chat, share a good time, make friends, enjoy good fellowship and great jokes !  Don't listen to those who preach negatively on people that might just need the chance to play with you.  If you happen to have a good connectivity, you should be able to complete your games without interruptions, other than wait reconnections.  If WGT fails to recover from a quit, don't blame it on players, WGT should be able to allow us to finish when we stay, but that would be a whole new post/topic.

Take care OM ! ... enjoy this game and everyone that play with you as well ! ... forget a bit about numbers, scores, averages, ranks, levels and earnings and be part of this beautiful experience of WGT !

AJ - Quijotazo

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 4:24 AM

My guess is

Match play with a friend.

Blitz, Skin and Stroke apparently are a preferred subject to trouble from WGT (unexpected error etc.),

in A/S the risk of a failure is high - if one out of four is disconnected the game can't be continued.

This leaves a match as the last resort, and a friend will hopefully do everything possible to finish the game.

Take care to use the "Main Menu" button in the end - this should minimize %% losses to a minimum.

• onlymarsden2
    89 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 7:54 AM

Thanks for feedback guys. I've been here for 2 1/2 years (709 ranked rounds) Come to think of it, i dont think i've even played a pratice round.

95% of those 709 have been stroke play and if players quit i will just carry on, on my own until I've completed the round.

The two issues that knocked me down from 100% to 93% were: WGT went down for maintenance while in the middle of a game, the second was keep getting kicked back to the waiting area while a player was having issues. This went on for 25 minutes and then we get the "sorry WGT has experianced an issue bla bla please close this window and try again" and yes i've always used the Main Menu to end... I also never quit no matter how bad the score as you can see from my stats. Dont laugh too loud at some of those scores :)

I guess I will try more Blitz & Match games.... although i'm not a big fan of those formats as it is over very quickly.

Note: I'm really here for the fun of this great game. I go way back to the days of cod 1 online playing and know how glitchy these things can be.

Anybody looking for a fun and friendly game, please feel free hit me up.

I self employed (my own company) so i play at different times. but normally afternoon and early evening.

see you out on the links,

Kind regards,

onlymarsden2

P.S any WGT players that live in the Chilliwack area of BC or have family there, I will extend a 40% discount of my services. Window cleaning, gutter cleaning, cleaning sidings and pressure washing.

• onlymarsden2
    89 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 1:26 PM

Well, played a few match and blitz games. Back to 97% I guess i need to play a few more to get back to 100%

Thanks for the help guys,

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 3:44 PM

onlymarsden2:

Well, played a few match and blitz games. Back to 97% I guess i need to play a few more to get back to 100%. Thanks for the help guys,

Very glad to hear (read) that O ! ... Keep it up.  Keep sharing some "fun" games, not only the "more serious" ones ... lol ... and be generous by playing with other players with low % ... make note to them that you really want to finish games and encourage them to do the same !  They will follow your nice-lead buddy !!!

• onlymarsden2
    89 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2012 3:52 PM

Hey fellow players. Now back to 100% It took match, blitz and stroke games but I'm there.

Thanks for all the advise.

• PAGES
RSS