Forums

Help › Forums

Why I love Golf and Playing on WGT

Fri, Oct 26 2012 8:38 PM (20 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 12:33 PM

Golf is a simple game, hit the ball in as few shots as one can into a hole, but very complex in that all parts of the swing must be perfect to execute the perfect shot. Sounds simple but takes immense practice to try and perfect this.

This is why I love golf, it can be a challenge against yourself, the course or someone else or all three. It comes down to your attitude. WGT is no different and is a great game despite the odd bugs we encounter. The other and important facet to golf is the comradeship ones has with your fellow players. On course you can be competitive but still applaud their good shots and still sit down at the 19th and enjoy their company regardless of ones performance, talk and talk till the wife phones to ask where the hell are you?

I have now played WGT for over 2 years and have enjoyed it immensley, especially when the weather is miserable and saves donning on the wet weather. But like real golf I have practiced to become a better WTG player.

You get to play some of the great courses around the world at a fraction of the price of the green fees one pays playing a Championship Course (I personally have played Kiawah and St Andrews and they are not cheap), Yes it is only a golf simulation game but the courses are very realistic.

In the two years of my WGT experierience I have had similar experiences as I expect on the actual course (with the exception my scoring is vastly better on WGT) - the same banter on course and have played with many great people whom I know I would enjoy plsying with in reality. In fact I think I can only recall a handful of times that I have found people obnoxious,  so I make a note of them to avoid, just as I do at my Golf Club.

Reading the forums you see the knockers of the game, the people who offer constructive criticism, people willing to help the WGT Community, the funny side of the game and occasionally the people who praise the efforts of WGT - this is one such post. So thank you WGT and all the staff that make this game possible (and for the knockers, I will reiterate that its not perfect).

The forums are a little like the 19th, you can pick up all sorts of tips and hints, and still have a laugh - so to all the contributors, thanks.

Life and golf is about attitude and effort, the more positive attitude and effort you put in, the greater the reward.

Alan

• McHola
    209 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 3:04 AM

2nded..

Great read Alan, nice one..

Rob

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 9:29 AM

HERE HERE !! 

nice read... 

ROCK ON !! .... :)

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 10:40 AM

alanti:

The forums are a little like the 19th, you can pick up all sorts of tips and hints, and still have a laugh - so to all the contributors, thanks.

Life and golf is about attitude and effort, the more positive attitude and effort you put in, the greater the reward.

+1.....OP's not wrong.....Andy

• andrewmca
    447 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 4:27 PM

alcaucin:

+2..

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Oct 25 2012 4:58 PM

alanti:
    Reading the forums you see the knockers of the game, the people who offer constructive criticism, people willing to help the WGT Community, the funny side of the game and occasionally the people who praise the efforts of WGT - this is one such post.

I can't believe I missed this thread for 8 days!!!

What a splendid disposition, Alanti. Surely, if you maintain it, you will live a long and happy life :)

I look forward to your continued presence in our little "19th hole" of the internet   :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• upinsmoketour
    342 Posts
    Thu, Oct 25 2012 5:16 PM

To points to make..... 1. Very good read alanti.                                                                                                   2. Could.t agree more mate your post is spot on.         smoke.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Oct 25 2012 6:14 PM

Very well put. If we can get everyone on here to feel the same way, what a wonderful world it would be.

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Thu, Oct 25 2012 7:13 PM

Nice   very nice

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Thu, Oct 25 2012 7:31 PM

le bump

RSS