Help › Forums

Help me my legend and tour legends!!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 14 2012 7:02 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • indianlove
    98 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 10:54 PM

So the scenario is that today when i woke up in the morning and came to wgt, i noticed that i have been suddenly promoted to legend tier!! I got a smile on my face for a second and then realize that i am only level 70 and dont have any equipments to challenge u mighty legends. I have not even completed 100 stroke rounds till now and suddenly in legend tier. ITS TERRIFYING!!!! Any suggestions?? please.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 10:40 AM

Looking at your equipment, yes you could do with a little longer set of clubs all around but what you have you can certainly learn to play from the longer club lengths us legends have to get used to using until you get to the levels to uprade. Even then you will still have to learn those clubs. It takes time and practice just like when you tiered up previously. Don't try to challenge other legends but learn from them. Play your game, learn your clubs you have now and how to play them effectively. Forget trying to get to the greens in two on par 5's, learn the courses with your new distances and how to manage them in the new tier. The thing that will take the most getting used to is the legend Tourney greens. They are faster, have quicker break and aren't forgiving but they are not unsurmountable. I am having more fun learning as one of the newer legends then I have at any other tier and playing legend level is awesome in my opinion.

• Ffudd
    2,541 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 11:14 AM

Looking at your score history it seems you were shooting 2 or 3 under par as a Hack on your second day on WGT.

I don't think you'll have any trouble adapting to the Legend tees.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 11:51 AM

indianlove:

So the scenario is that today when i woke up in the morning and came to wgt, i noticed that i have been suddenly promoted to legend tier!! I got a smile on my face for a second and then realize that i am only level 70 and dont have any equipments to challenge u mighty legends. I have not even completed 100 stroke rounds till now and suddenly in legend tier. ITS TERRIFYING!!!! Any suggestions?? please.

Ignore your average and enjoy it. The courses play beautifully from the tips.

• pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 12:06 PM

I know this has been brought up many times, but could someone from WGT answer why all equipment isn't unlocked for Legends and Tour Legends?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 12:12 PM

ONE over par round ever? Pah!

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2012 1:24 AM

indianlove:

My commiseration will hunt you but never arrive :)

Boy, your scoring history is just marvellous.

- played 1 (one!) round over Par as a Hack, none since,

- played 96 ranked rounds before turning Legend, including 5x 28/56, 6x 29/58, with a total average of 64 (counting all 96),

- average as a Hack: 68.3

What have you done before to be so good from the start?

- average as an Amateur: 67.6

- average as a Pro: 65.9 (17 RGs)

Since turning Pro, you played only four rounds outside RGs.

- average as a TP: 63.5 (24 RGs)

- average as a Master: 62.4 (22 RGs)

Until here, your average was well below the respective limits.

- average as a TM: 61.5 (15 RGs)

Now they got you with the new measures. You missed the money rain of 35 RGs, this is TERRIFYING you, IMNSHO.

But don't be too shy: 65.45 average, 28 as your Legend best score after 11 games - you're doing well there where you belong!

Have fun!!

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2012 1:32 AM

Agreed. A 28 already as a legend doesn't indicate you'll have too many problems. A 61 on Olympic is also impressive.

• indianlove
    98 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 2:35 AM

saltiresfan:

Agreed. A 28 already as a legend doesn't indicate you'll have too many problems. A 61 on Olympic is also impressive.

Actually those were cc tournies with easy conditions. Getiing low scores was not a problem.

• indianlove
    98 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 2:39 AM

alosso:

indianlove:

My commiseration will hunt you but never arrive :)

Boy, your scoring history is just marvellous.

- played 1 (one!) round over Par as a Hack, none since,

- played 96 ranked rounds before turning Legend, including 5x 28/56, 6x 29/58, with a total average of 64 (counting all 96),

- average as a Hack: 68.3

What have you done before to be so good from the start?

- average as an Amateur: 67.6

- average as a Pro: 65.9 (17 RGs)

Since turning Pro, you played only four rounds outside RGs.

- average as a TP: 63.5 (24 RGs)

- average as a Master: 62.4 (22 RGs)

Until here, your average was well below the respective limits.

- average as a TM: 61.5 (15 RGs)

Now they got you with the new measures. You missed the money rain of 35 RGs, this is TERRIFYING you, IMNSHO.

But don't be too shy: 65.45 average, 28 as your Legend best score after 11 games - you're doing well there where you belong!

Have fun!!

WOW! u did such a severe tally of  my scores!! Reminded me off the good times! LOL! and as u guys said i have now stop playing rg's. Just playing ranked rounds got 186 now! just gaining xp's and leveling up. Maybe one day i'll be there to challenge u guys! Ty for the suggestions

• PAGES
RSS