Help › Forums

Practice affecting ave

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 21 2012 8:44 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ShammyIRL
    89 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 5:09 PM

Myself and a mate just played a practice off of tour pro tees, we shot a 59 & 62 and afterwards we noticed our averages had dropped by over 1.

It has never happened before that playing a practice round affect our averages , has this happened to anyone else ?

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 6:28 PM

Not to my knowledge......  

59... 62 are great games by both of ya's.... maybe Wgt are starting to take the practice games in the calculation towards your average :)

-Roger

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 7:48 PM

No they're not Mantis. There is no way their avg went down it had to be a ranked round or challenge.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 8:57 PM

Oh, ok, pj... Challenge matches are not counted too ?... not sure.    No Disrespect to the OP.....  maybe Wgt should start to count the practice games people play.

-Roger

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 12:14 AM

mantis0014:

Oh, ok, pj... Challenge matches are not counted too ?... not sure.    No Disrespect to the OP.....  maybe Wgt should start to count the practice games people play.

-Roger

Im pretty sure challenges count tho I never play for credits so I am not sure.

The thing of it is if WGT counted practice then they would have to default the tees . Otherwise you would have Masters , TM's etc etc playing off the lady tees and shooting really low to lower their average too quickly.

WGT needs to set up an option to practice tee shot, putting, approaches etc etc without having to actually play. Of course in that option stats could not be counted .

• ShammyIRL
    89 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 2:19 AM

pjctas0822:

No they're not Mantis. There is no way their avg went down it had to be a ranked round or challenge.

I've never played a challenge match , I am tour-master , my mate is master, we played off of tour-pro tees with low winds at St Andy's in a practice match.

My ave before the game was 63.94 and after the "practice" it was 62.43..

Its a strange one.

Sham

• borntobesting
    9,687 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 2:58 AM

ShammyIRL:

pjctas0822:

I've never played a challenge match , I am tour-master , my mate is master, we played off of tour-pro tees with low winds at St Andy's in a practice match.

Its a strange one.

Sham

It was match play? Not stroke. If that is the case then all match play affects average then.

• ShammyIRL
    89 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 3:14 AM

borntobesting:

ShammyIRL:

pjctas0822:

Its a strange one.

Sham

It was match play? Not stroke. If that is the case then all match play affects average then.

No it was practice stroke play.

• Ffudd
    2,541 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 3:44 AM

Maybe WGT's new sandbagger algorithm takes previous match play / skins games into account and they just happened to apply the correction to your average after your practice round.

There's nothing on your profile that warrants a 1.5 drop in average so I would mail support and ask them to look into it, maybe they made a mistake.

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 4:50 AM

ShammyIRL:

pjctas0822:

Its a strange one.

Sham

Well I believe you ...But if WGT has changed something than I dont know. If that is the case I am sure there will be some more snadbagging going on which would prove that WGT indeed promotes such acts. Same thing goes for counting any other type of game play that is not ranked . Oh well get that average down :)

• PAGES
RSS