Forums

Help › Forums

Solo Play

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 22 2012 1:40 AM (4 replies)
  • sabretouch
    8 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 9:47 PM

I checked FAQs & am a brand new player attempting to play on IE.  A friend invited me to a practice game he created & talked me through an enjoyable game. I inadvertantly stumbled onto a tournament that I guess is open to all players for this month & 'practiced' on that a few times while everything got logged somewhere. (I'm ranked up there in the four thousands!  Now you know why I want to practice)  When I click 'Play Now' nothing is clearly a solo game and everything I've tried either ends up ready to join me to a toutnament or asking if I want to create a multi-player game. How does one log on and just play solo for a while?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 2:36 PM

sabretouch:

I checked FAQs & am a brand new player attempting to play on IE.  A friend invited me to a practice game he created & talked me through an enjoyable game. I inadvertantly stumbled onto a tournament that I guess is open to all players for this month & 'practiced' on that a few times while everything got logged somewhere. (I'm ranked up there in the four thousands!  Now you know why I want to practice)  When I click 'Play Now' nothing is clearly a solo game and everything I've tried either ends up ready to join me to a toutnament or asking if I want to create a multi-player game. How does one log on and just play solo for a while?

hi

make sure all of your browser sessions are closed. then go to www.wgt.com (not using any short cut), login, and press play now. if should load you into main game window.

then, you can use options on the left to create practice or rated round.

-wgticon

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 10:24 PM

I found Icons answer a bit vague.

For a solo practice game do the following:

Press Play now and it brings up the game options.

Choose strole play then choose the course and game mode - ie practice and choose your tees, green speeds etc and tee off Your in practice mode try a many types of shot to learn how they all differ. Hope this answers your question.

• sabretouch
    8 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 1:40 AM

Thanks! Looking forward to putting this into action.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 5:24 AM

Agreed use the Stroke/ Practice mode to learn your clubs, courses and hone your game but don't forget to use the ranked round feature also as practice doesn't count towards tiering up.

Another way you can practice if you are having difficulty with or trying to learn a certain hole is to use the Golf Courses feature under WGT COMMUNITY. There you can practice any course's hole individually.

Being new I highly suggest playing practice stroke game with other more experienced players as they can help you with your game a lot.

RSS