Forums

Help › Forums

putting grid

Mon, Oct 22 2012 7:57 PM (4 replies)
  • club578
    568 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 3:07 PM

how do you go to main menu and turn off putting grid? and does it help?

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 3:47 PM

go to the game settings and scroll down,  there will be a check box to turn it on or off.

I like to keep mine on,  when you pull back the meter to hit a putt,  the grid stays in view with it on.  Helps me remember which way the break is.   lol  yes,  I can forget just that easy.  

With it set to off,  the grid is still there until you start to pull back the meter.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 5:30 PM

hpurey:
    With it set to off,  the grid is still there until you start to pull back the meter.

Personally I have mine off, partially as sometimes I get meter stutters so the more I have turned off the less that can go wrong.

Having said that, maybe it explains why my putting stats aren't all that hot.

• SevenDeuce
    31 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 6:33 PM

Personally, I would keep the putting grid on. My putting stats are...

30.25% One putt and 63.46% Two putts (1450ish putts)

I find it extremely useful, I also don't use rulers or the putter pal, I just eye-ball the distance and angle of the putt regardless of the distance :) Good luck!

• twichipper
    424 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 7:57 PM

howdy...I believe keeping the grid on is much better in dealing with your putts, especially if you have several breaks in the putt or elevations, then the dot speeds help keep in mind how much break their really is...........happy one putts   :>))

RSS