Forums

Help › Forums

Can Use Some Help With The Taylormade Spider L19+

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 27 2012 5:51 AM (7 replies)
  • JohnJay57
    7 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 7:16 AM

I just bought this putter based on the great reviews however I'm having trouble adjusting to the new meter.

With the starter putter, 30 ft breaks down to 5 moves @ 6 feet apiece.

So now I have a 25 foot meter and i am assuming that it works out to be a little over 8 feet per move. Problem is trying to judge the in between distances especially with severe breaks. Now I know i have to practice but was wondering if some one could give me the breakdown of the different foot meters

Thanx

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 11:33 AM

My first thought was to say "don't buy it" but too late..  

Here is my advice to you...

Give the putter pal a try.   At worst, buy the 10 hits and then make you own template, continue to use the putter pal or..

With using the putter pal,  with each meter scale,  drag back the meter as you would by using the avatar movement method, and write down what % each movement stops at.

From there just do the math. If the first movement of the 25ft scale goes to the 30% mark, then just take 30% of 25 and thats the first movement length.  

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 12:07 PM

Sell it. Then what hpurey said.

• genegold2
    1,302 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 12:08 PM

hpurey:

My first thought was to say "don't buy it" but too late..  

Here is my advice to you...

Give the putter pal a try.   At worst, buy the 10 hits and then make you own template, continue to use the putter pal or..

With using the putter pal,  with each meter scale,  drag back the meter as you would by using the avatar movement method, and write down what % each movement stops at.

From there just do the math. If the first movement of the 25ft scale goes to the 30% mark, then just take 30% of 25 and thats the first movement length.  

I use the ghost, which has different meters. I have and on-screen ruler I got from http://onscreenruler.nfshost.com/. I have it set on 5 cm for the stroke. It is very accurate as i calibrate it for my putting screen. I just raise the bottom of the window just above the ruler so it shows below the meter. I think your putter has linear increments similar to the ghost. Hope this help and good putting!

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 12:15 PM

Putter pal.  Transpose the scale on an index card.  Done.

Or, do what I did.  Realize the scales are linear and that the "swing bar" when it pops up as you are about to take your backswing has 6 widths fitting into the entire scale, whichever you use.  Break your distance down that way.

Example.....25ft scale.  Each "swing bar" is about 4 ft in width.  8ft putt.....line the right edge of your swing bar up with the bar where the meters starts from.  Note a spot on the green where the left edge of that swing bar sits.  Move the swing bar over once to the left........giving you two swing bars of width.  Pull the meter back to that point and let it go.  Your putt goes 8ft....give or take a few inches.

I know this would have helped a ton more with screenshots.  I did the best I could in describing it.  It's not near as confusing as it sounds.

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 12:37 PM

I use believe it or not scotch tape marked off in 8 equal parts so as an example on 15 ' line 4 would be 7.5'  line 7 would be 13'  etc. Line your swing meter up with it & away you go. Like everyone has said you can do the math on what ever increments your putter has

Hope that helps

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 1:40 PM

What I find useful is this......

Forums » Product Discussions » Equipment & Avatars » Printable Nike Daytona and Ghost Putter Distance Scales

On the first page you will find a number of charts. Scroll down until you see the one for the ghost putter. This has the same increments as the Taylormade Spider. Click on the chart and save to your own computer. It is then printable. It has all the distances in 10% increments from slow greens up to championship greens speed.

Then make a chart to put under your meter divided into 10 and you have your own putter pal. Each increment on that chart you have just made is 10 %. You then just use the chart you downloaded, find your green speed and you have all the distances worked out for you. You have to make your own adjustments for uphill, downhill and break, but it is very accurate to work from.

Hope that helps

Mel

• JohnJay57
    7 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 5:51 AM

Thank you guys for the outstanding support.

I will try these techniques  and see which one works best

and no more ranked games till i start sinking putts. :)

John

RSS