Help › Forums

sick of been stuck on pro tier

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 28 2012 10:41 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • hotdoghoneyman
    6 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 12:56 AM

hi everybody please help when the hell will i get on to pro tour tier been stuck on pro for about 6 effing months now and getting realy cheesed off please help

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 1:24 PM

You have plenty of ranked rounds. There are only 2 ways right now to do that. Lower your average or beat higher tiers in match play to lower your average.

• SevenDeuce
    31 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 1:42 PM

hotdoghoneyman:

hi everybody please help when the hell will i get on to pro tour tier been stuck on pro for about 6 effing months now and getting realy cheesed off please help

6 months? I went from Hack to Tour Pro in like a month having never played the game before. You either need to play more tournament (ranked) games, or shoot better scores.I believe you need a 72 average or lower to turn into the "Tour Pro" tier. 

Good luck.

• kilbraur
    219 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 1:51 PM

I just played a man who joined on the 14th of this month and became a Tour Pro on the 19th! Check my match play records for today to see him.

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 2:11 PM

Gees the fella wants a bit of advice  ,

1st thing that will help is you need to get better clubs , Driver , irons , wedges , you will find that should help out straight away , even a putter will help but there are many very good players that use the starter putter with good results .

Give that ago , if your not looking at spending money or try to complete the free credits that are available daily , it will be rather boring  on WGT , if you want to play better which it sounds like you do , you gotta invest IMO .

good luck ,

dflop  !

• Glossopade
    518 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 2:28 PM

kilbraur:

I just played a man who joined on the 14th of this month and became a Tour Pro on the 19th! Check my match play records for today to see him.

Yikes...... that's absolutely bonkers ! How can that happen and be right ?

Sorry Mr Hotdogman..... Mr dflop is absolutely spot on in what he's said !

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 7:11 PM

You have cetainly played a lot of ranked rounds to be stuck at that tier. Depending on your budget, I would suggest upgrading your clubs. If you cant afford to put money in, try and earn as many free credits as you can. New clubs will give you much better control, your GIR stats are not great, nor are your putting stats, which suggests once you get to the green, you have left yourself too much to do to salvage a good score. You are using a Callaway ball, but the starters clubs will not take much advantage of the better ball as they fail to give you the required accuracy and spin.

To acheive your goal you need to lower the average score in ranked rounds or beat players of a higher tier in matchplay - the latter I would not recommend, as you will then be playing from longer tees and be out of your depth.

Most importantly, try and enjoy the game and not focus solely on the Tier, when you are ready to go up you will

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 8:08 PM

Glossopade:

kilbraur:

Yikes...... that's absolutely bonkers ! How can that happen and be right ?

Sorry Mr Hotdogman..... Mr dflop is absolutely spot on in what he's said !

Exactly DFLOP. My first lower costing but good bang for your buck were the Lower Level

TaylorMade RocketBallz Full Set (L39+)

2,945 Credits

And the Level 19 Spider Putter. Also used the WGT S/D balls but if you can afford it Id use the Callaways

3 Pack of Callaway Tour i(z) Balls (Slow Meter) (L1+)

Starting at 300 Credits

For the record I was stuck at Tour Pro for a while and the level of play from TP to Master is night and day . So enjoy where you are now :)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 9:11 PM

pjctas0822:

TaylorMade RocketBallz Full Set (L39+)

2,945 Credits

All depends on the OPs budget, bear in mind he is level 77, so if he can afford it, much better clubs are available (or wait, say the upper level G20s at level 83). This may well say him having to re buy clubs when he reaches master - and with good clubs this would be very attainable,

I used the starters (except a slightly better driver) until I made Master Tier, so if budget is an issue, perhaps a better lower cost driver for distance and 3 good wedges (dump the hybrid) would be his best bet. For me it wasn't so much budget, it was just a fun game so I didn't bother - but suddenly at Masters I just couldn't compete and realised, hey, this is a great game.

• JackTaylor
    225 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 9:26 PM

Simple advise is as some others mention is just play and enjoy the game. There is no additional prestige or reward for moving up tiers, especially if you are not ready. If you move up too soon it will bring more angst and fits of madness. Play and you will move up as you should when the time and skills are right.I do not worry about match play records or stroke average I play the game for fun and challenge. I may not be all that good but will play with you and give you any pointers I can. I also would not listen to what others say about moving to tour pro in such a quick amount of time, not that it cant happen but seems fishy to me. Be proud of where you are today and work for the promise of tomorrow. 

The more you play the more you learn when to ding and off ding hits, play against the wind, down hill/uphll, you name it. Each green where to land , how it will roll, if the putt breaks this way or that way all come with experience. Play some of the better people and ask how you do that or how should i hit this shot. I am truly and instinct player and I, unlike some, do not have any crazy mathematical algorithms to compute wind, putting and the like. I play fast and have fun. Some how I made master doing it but I am adjusting to getting my butt handed to me about 75% of the time. 

If you want to play better play better players. If you want help let me know. 

Be Well

• PAGES
RSS