Forums

Help › Forums

Properly Reading Greens (Lately)

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 29 2012 8:24 AM (4 replies)
  • josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2012 10:53 PM

Lately I have been having problems reading the greens in front/back mode. Example I am talking about is this:

I am on Kiawah hole 3 and looking at the cup in front view the hole is 2 1/2 grid lines above and in front of me. In reverse view it shows less then an inch behind the line that is even with my avatar toes. This is very distracting and making me miss easy putts. Should I just BELIEVE the back view and go for it or the front view. 

Thanks for any replies

I am trying my best to get my scores down below 68 and normally make a few birdies while playing. But this is ruining my game.

• Ang1K
    86 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2012 11:06 PM

I find using chip view is very useful from reverse view. It's very accurate for me to line up putts.

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2012 11:27 PM

Thank you Ang1K for that insight, I will try this on my next game. It seems I am playing a bit fast and need to slow down and read the green a little better with these options. Also working on being consistent with sub par rounds. Just a little frustrating when you need to break well under par just to move your average down .8 points. I noticed also the closer I get to the average score to move up the harder it is to make those better scores.

Sincerely,

Joe 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2012 12:16 AM

Some of the mapping is a little questionable on a few holes. You could right click and zoom in, this helps a little to get a better read or use chip from reverse.

When you get lower to your target, to drop a higher score by shooting low takes time but you will get there.

• gj1948
    325 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2012 8:24 AM

thanks for posting this Joe as I have been having the same problems.....did you happen to read my post about wind and green speed differences?  have you noticed these?  Like you, I'm trying to lower my scores and every hint helps.

RSS