Forums

Help › Forums

Leaderboard

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 4 2010 8:02 PM (6 replies)
  • fhworkman
    3 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 8:42 PM

I'm new to this game. I'm playing the closest-to-the-pin tourney on a Nevada course, and I'm told my score puts me in something like 3,780th place.  I click for 'full leaderboard' and only get the Top Ten.  I'm curious to know how badly I suck - how many players have an even worse score than I do.   Also, the leaders have a total of under 50 feet, for the entire nine holes!  How can this be? These guys are averaging about 5 ft from the cup on every hole.  And when I am shown as 'amateur', what exactly does this mean?  Thanks for your help and patience.

• DaveDavis2
    11 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 2:48 AM

fhworkman:

I'm new to this game. I'm playing the closest-to-the-pin tourney on a Nevada course, and I'm told my score puts me in something like 3,780th place.  I click for 'full leaderboard' and only get the Top Ten.  I'm curious to know how badly I suck - how many players have an even worse score than I do.   Also, the leaders have a total of under 50 feet, for the entire nine holes!  How can this be? These guys are averaging about 5 ft from the cup on every hole.  And when I am shown as 'amateur', what exactly does this mean?  Thanks for your help and patience.

Don't worry I've been worse than that. Yes some people on here average under that in the CTTH challenges. It just take practice. Amateur is your tier/class. It's kinda like a handicap system. You will play from closer tees than a Master level player will. Hope this helps a little.       Dave

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 9:11 AM

fhworkman:

Also, the leaders have a total of under 50 feet, for the entire nine holes!  How can this be? These guys are averaging about 5 ft from the cup on every hole.  And when I am shown as 'amateur', what exactly does this mean?

The people that top of that leaderboard have probably played the challenge [just for that tournament] many times, along with many more times before that tournament. It's not rare to see scores like that, as many members know exactly where to hit the ball on each shot to make it land perfect.

Amateur is your current tier. You may have noticed you started out as a Hack with a 150 average until your current promotion. Next comes Pro at around 85 average and then comes Master at around 66. Be sure to post every single round you play by not quitting so that your average ranks up as it should... it'll be better for you and you won't be heckled as much on the community... we hate people that don't post their rounds!

• thatcanadianguy
    557 Posts
    Fri, Jun 4 2010 4:47 AM

fhworkman

Please explain to me about posting your rounds. I have never seen a place here where it says to post rounds. I have been here since May 13 and this is the first I have heard of posting a round.

thanks

thatcanadianguy

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 4 2010 5:33 AM

thatcanadianguy:
    Please explain to me about posting your rounds

This applies when you play a ranked stroke play round. The recording is done automatically after you make the last putt. Any awards you get during that round get recorded too if you finish the round.

Stroke play is on the left side of your game browser window under Single Player 
    Game. There are 4 courses you can play this way. Kia, BPB, SA and Oakmont (after the OS Open ends.) GL

• thatcanadianguy
    557 Posts
    Fri, Jun 4 2010 7:02 AM

Thank you, I thought I was missing something. I always play ranked rounds. I thought after what fhworkman said that you had to manually post your scores somewhere.

I always finish a round no matter how bad or good I am doing.

Thanks

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Fri, Jun 4 2010 8:02 PM

thatcanadianguy:

I always finish a round no matter how bad or good I am doing.

Thanks

We'll get along great then. :)

RSS