Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Breakthrough

Thu, Nov 1 2012 12:11 AM (4 replies)
  • gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Wed, Oct 31 2012 1:46 PM

First of all I want to thank all of you for puting up with all my "Woe is me" rants, and for the suggestions you've made.  I promise I read them all. 

A few hours ago while practicing once again, I thought of how I played large (over 15-20 feet) breaking putts while actually playing real golf for the last 30 years.  I would find the "Apex" of the putt and then make my judgement from there.  While it is sometimes it is hard to do because the yardage window gets in the way and obscures my vision, I found that almost all my putts had a decent chance to go in and even made a couple.

I'm not saying I have found the "Secret" or anything like that, but I will say there is finally a glimmer of hope and I will continue to work on it.

Thank you all once again!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Oct 31 2012 2:20 PM

Good to hear Gerry, I always do a simalar thing, and like in real life, I pick a point on the green to putt to, especially on those fast breakers. For that reason using the chip feature on the green helps identify that "apex"

Keep sinking em!

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Wed, Oct 31 2012 7:42 PM

I dont know why WGT makes the player transparent and not that damn lil box. Makes no sense.

• gbarto
    141 Posts
    Wed, Oct 31 2012 10:35 PM

Yes and/or smaller too  doent need to be that big!!

• DragonBalls
    104 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 12:11 AM

How does "using the chip feature" help you find the apex of the break? 

alanti:

Good to hear Gerry, I always do a simalar thing, and like in real life, I pick a point on the green to putt to, especially on those fast breakers. For that reason using the chip feature on the green helps identify that "apex"

Keep sinking em!

RSS