Forums

Help › Forums

Kiawah hole 14

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 25 2012 2:28 PM (6 replies)
  • tdexpress
    76 Posts
    Wed, Oct 31 2012 8:15 PM
    How do you shoot it? I can't keep it on the green or I am way short. G20 clubs. TIA
  • bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 8:47 AM

I don't know what distance you're shooting from. Hit just to the right of the pin with all the stop action you have available. See my profile for a play from 160 yards. With typical deviations (no severe wind change from the indicated value) I can hold this green from 220 yards out (my 3-iron).  It's definitely tougher with a 3-wood.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 8:53 AM

tdexpress:
    How do you shoot it? I can't keep it on the green or I am way short. G20 clubs. TIA

hi

It's been a while since I used g10's. but I think using full backspin and clubing up should get you there. 

In tail wind maybe let it roll a bit and land short, so if hole is 194 yards and you have 190 club with 8 tail, hit it full bs and take few lines off.

-wgticon

• tdexpress
    76 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2012 9:22 PM

Thanks for the responses guys. That full backspin suggestion helps alot!

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2012 11:12 PM

From Master tees (yellow), no wind, with lvl 83 G20s, Tour SD balls:

Front pin 202 yds: Right on the number (200 yds 4i), full bs.

Back pin about 215 yds: 12+ yds short, I aim to the middle of the green, 215 yds 3i throttled, full bs.

Problem is, the green slopes down behind the front pin to the left back where the 2nd pin is, about 9 inches between both holes. It's visible quite well in the zoom camera view. Aggressive shots close to the back pin need more stopping power than I have - they frequently run through and only stop in the area behind the green. I rather let it dripple down from the center, little birdie chances but at least a makable two-putt.

• tdexpress
    76 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2012 2:28 PM

alosso:

From Master tees (yellow), no wind, with lvl 83 G20s, Tour SD balls:

Front pin 202 yds: Right on the number (200 yds 4i), full bs.

Back pin about 215 yds: 12+ yds short, I aim to the middle of the green, 215 yds 3i throttled, full bs.

Problem is, the green slopes down behind the front pin to the left back where the 2nd pin is, about 9 inches between both holes. It's visible quite well in the zoom camera view. Aggressive shots close to the back pin need more stopping power than I have - they frequently run through and only stop in the area behind the green. I rather let it dripple down from the center, little birdie chances but at least a makable two-putt.

Thanks for the advice I haven't tried it yet though. But I did find that with my 50 yd wedge I can get it real close out of the rough on the second shot especially with 30-40% lie.

RSS