Help › Forums

New Flash Update Available: What To Do?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 4 2012 9:56 PM (21 replies)
  • Ang1K
    86 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2012 11:54 AM

Oldbayrunner:

I have an old dedicated laptop that I use specifically for wtg. Larger screen and plays much better than my new one.

If it dies it dies. lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:49 PM

Oldbayrunner:
    Many people ignore repeated reminders to update Flash because they a) don’t know what Flash is or b) are afraid it may cause a problem or c) just can’t bothered.

I am one of them-have to click "cancel" every time I open CD to refuse the update.

I DO know what Flash is.

I'm NOT afraid it will cause a problem even though there are countless posts testifying to the problems updating Flash causes sometimes.

I WON'T be bothered. 

AVG does just fine keeping the nefarious ones at bay.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Sun, Nov 4 2012 8:58 AM

Yeah YJ and Water doesn't cause damage either, right.

"The east coast will be fine. It's water, not snow. A couple of months from now this would have been  a serious problem but now it's just water."

Just because you believe something wont happen or your not afraid it might doesn't make it correct or others shouldn't be aware that it can.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 4 2012 12:27 PM

Another douchebag with the quote. You and that Canuck ought to form a fan club. FWIW, those were the exact words a father of four used on the national news when asked why he didn't evacuate. He was looking a his basement sans house.

You're an alarmist, not a help. You still haven't come up with a good reason to update. Check out Icon's answer and believe ME when I tell you you don't need to update Flash on a regular basis. My game performance is proof positive.

• Buckeye8084
    307 Posts
    Sun, Nov 4 2012 12:52 PM

I haven't updated either. I moved to Maxthon awhile ago. This weekend's loading issues had me switch back to Chrome and I'm glad I did. My meter is smooth as silk. (crossing fingers it stays)

version using 11,4,402,265

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sun, Nov 4 2012 12:52 PM

If......na..never mind.lol.most updates are sent out .just to get them off there books .and put them on ours.most serve no purpose

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Sun, Nov 4 2012 1:50 PM

YankeeJim:

Another douchebag with the quote. You and that Canuck ought to form a fan club. FWIW, those were the exact words a father of four used on the national news when asked why he didn't evacuate. He was looking a his basement sans house.

You're an alarmist, not a help. You still haven't come up with a good reason to update. Check out Icon's answer and believe ME when I tell you you don't need to update Flash on a regular basis. My game performance is proof positive.

Jim, Jim, Jim dont you know name calling can get one moderated....Where in my post did I flame you. I only quoted you on something you put forth that had a very different out come and used that as an example of which I further explained. No where did I slam you for saying it or call you any type of name such as you have just done.

Forgive me, I see you used an example of what someone said on the news without quoting them. Unfortunately in your original post I quess we missed the quotes and it came across to most as being rather callus and your own. 

I may be considered by you as an alarmist but because of that I was prepared sustained only a few thousand dollars in damage to my home, which is nothing in comparision to many others but I am alive and my family is well because of taking precautions. 

As far as Flash I upgrade it whenever there is an update with absolutely no problems to this game as I do not use Firefox, Chrome or IE any longer and have no problems what so ever with any of the updates in my gaming on here. So I too can say, believe ME, for most computers not using those browsers updating will have no negative effect IMO. It's a matter of choice Jim. As for one good reason for upgrading there are two listed by the professional article I posted that you used only part of.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 4 2012 2:31 PM

Oldbayrunner:
    Forgive me, I see you used an example of what someone said on the news without quoting them.

It wasn't a quote-it happened 2 days after I made my remark. It goes to the mentality of those that live in weather threatened environs. We deal with it.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Sun, Nov 4 2012 4:59 PM

Jim...There isn't anyone in the good ole US of A that doesn't live in some type of weather threatened environment, and deal with it.

RSS