Forums

Help › Forums

Golfers elbow

Sat, Nov 3 2012 5:53 PM (20 replies)
  • unkrui
    87 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 8:14 PM

THR - you are right they are similar injuries from overuse, repetitive movements that abrade the underside of tendons in your arm/forearm. Golfer's elbow is a condition that irritates the muscles that grip your club, rotate your arm palm down, and bend your wrsist towards the palm side. The muscles that perform these motons attach on the inside of your elbow at the bony prominence on the pinky finger side of the elbow.

Tennis elbow is similar except the motions that irritate the tendons rotate the arm palm up, and flip the wrist during the end of the backhand swing.

Either way, - take a couple dixie cups, fill'em with water, and freeze them. When you need relief, peel off some of the top lip of the frozen cup, an massage the bony promnence on the elbow on the pinky side of the elbow joint. 5-7 minutes should provide pain relief. Nice thing about this is ya can toss a couple frozen cups in a freezer bag and toss them in your cart cooler and use them when you need relef.

• onlymarsden2
    89 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 9:10 PM

Sorry renniw52, but it needed to be said. Neither of these "fine gentleman" have had nothing to say regarding their poor posts in the very sad and disturbing news that is still and will affect many for a long time.

Dont come here and try to make me the bad guy. Maybe your not up to speed on the hell that happened on the east coast... maybe, you dont care. But there's a lot of people that DO care and a lot of lives that unfortunatley cant care because they are no longer with us.

With respect,

onlymarsden2

• golfer342
    132 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 9:13 PM

I had this problem for several years (both arms) At a suggestion of a friend of mine I bought " Joint Smoother" from Vitamin World . Took two a day (and still do) ....both arms healed and the problem has never returned.

• onlymarsden2
    89 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 9:20 PM

Thanks golfer342. I will try that.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2012 8:47 AM

I'm very aware of what happened on the East coast, and I care very much. I am originally from that part of the country and have family and several friends living there. I was commenting on the suggestions for your arm problem, was not aware of any other comments that were made on another post. 

• onlymarsden2
    89 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:48 PM

thanks gentlemen for all the suggestions & help.

I will be trying some of these for sure. Good luck all and hopefully, see some of you in the game.

Best regards,

onlymarsden2

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:53 PM

onlymarsden2:
    AS I said before, i sure hope this never effects you (JIM OR BUBBA) or your loved ones.

It has. The ice storm here made Sandy look like a shower. The blizzard the following year took out power for over a week-had to sleep in my shop. Every year it's something different. It goes with living here in NY.

Get off your high horse, holier-than-thou.

Ironic aside.  "It's only water" was the exact phrase a father of four used on the national news when he was asked why he didn't evacuate. He was looking at his basement with no house on top of it.  Little did he, me, Bubba and everybody else on the east coast know that this would be as devastating as it was. Ever heard of the boy who cried wolf? The friggin weather forecasters here in the east cry it every time they see clouds in the sky.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2012 2:27 PM

Hello  YJ, i have known  you a long time , and i know  you are one of the best  member out here  ( helping  all) .      And i know  why you said  its only water ,   your comments was not made to laugh , or to be negative ,,,,,,,    i am sure knowing that ,some Americans  (i Think 98)  lost there lives  ,you would have said the same thing ,another way ,,,,,,,,,            And   yes i agree  the news  peoples have a tendency  to exagerate things sometime to scare    us   and sell  more news ........    I know  you where not refering to the lost of lives or  houses , wen  you made your  comment,,,,,,,   I  myself ,  maybee because of my  Language  i write something   ,then  a day later i look at what i said ,and see that  it may not be understood the way i   wanted to express myself  , so  i just turn the page ,  and i hope   we   all turn the page ,on this  missunderstanding  ......Francois (Frapp) 

• onlymarsden2
    89 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2012 4:21 PM

There's no high horse here Jim.

I agree with frappefort, let's turn that page and move on. Enough has been said, either in bad taste, or anger as a result of past posts.

I, for one, will not continue with this. All the best to the WGT community.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2012 5:09 PM

I kept mine bearable for a few years by using capsicum cream on the elbow and taking Aleve before I went out to play. As others have pointed out, physical therapy and rest are needed to cure it.

RSS