Forums

Help › Forums

Golfers elbow

Sat, Nov 3 2012 5:53 PM (20 replies)
  • onlymarsden2
    89 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 12:17 PM

Hello ladies & gents,

Been suffering with this condition (from real golf) for a few months now.

I have googled the hell out of this, and tried most suggestions but have not come up with, or found somthing that helps.

Anybody out there that can help?

Kind regards,

onlynarsden2

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 12:22 PM

this helps my wrist tendinitis.   Might be worth a look.

http://www.tendonitisexpert.com/how-to-reduce-inflammation.html

• TarheelsRule
    5,554 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 1:55 PM

It's basically the same thing as tennis elbow.

I was a college tennis player and suffered from it for years.  Cortisone shots once a day while I was a senior in college.

If you google tennis elbow you will get plenty of hits on how to treat it

• onlymarsden2
    89 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 2:37 PM

thanks guys.Been there... done that. It's the driver that hurts: I play a draw..290 to 310. thats what gives me the most pain, And long irons.

I've been told that rest is the best cure.. but I'm sure not going to do that.

Any other help?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 2:57 PM

I had the same pain for a while and what made it bearable was a compression wrap just below the elbow-one of those velcro jobs that you could adjust for tightness.

• onlymarsden2
    89 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:48 PM

Did that Jim, did'nt help.You and bubba are same guys that looked at SANDY the same way.

I''m not here to judge, but i think both of you need to say sorry for your posts.

Let's all get along and move on. Any other answers to this pain in the butt (elbow) problem?

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:28 PM

Excuse me, don't ask for help if answers or suggestions need an apology.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:22 PM

onlymarsden2:
    I''m not here to judge, but i think both of you need to say sorry for your posts.

What the hell for? You asked for something and I related a true experience. Even went to the trouble of getting a picture of exactly what I was talking about.

Take a douchebag pill and chill.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:59 PM

I had the same problem, was advised to take time off and received some physio. Basically I had the same a stronger grip to create the draw and probably the elbow problems, so made slight adjustments to my grip (disasterous at first lol) and have not had the problem since.

Beware I tried to wear a elbow strap and was advised that I would be disqualified for wearing one in a medal round as it could be seen as an aid!!!!

• onlymarsden2
    89 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 7:46 PM

Thanks alanti,

exact same issiue and was told it would be an aid.

AS for jim's post, I think you know what you and bubba need to do. The Right thing! "it's just water, pussies etc" Man up and say sorry.

A lot of people lost., a lot more got away, but will have to re-build and deal with a life changing event.

AS I said before, i sure hope this never effects you (JIM OR BUBBA) or your loved ones.

Thanks again alanti, i did also try the grip. I guess i will just have to rest the arm... sucks, but such is life.

RSS