Forums

Help › Forums

Chat with MisterWGT 11/20 2PM PST - NEW PLATFORM!

Wed, Nov 14 2012 6:30 PM (58 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 5:37 AM

hpurey:
    Just make your name YankeeJim10k  (post count)  ;-)

LOL. Had to settle for YankeeJB.  ;-)

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 5:55 AM

hpurey:

My name has been taken as well.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 8:44 AM

Great idea to move it off IRC and onto something which may be able to handle all of the folks who attend a bit better.    However (and with no disrespect to MrWGT, Icon, Pizza or any of the other WGT folks who are doing their best) ... you can do this on IRC, Twitch.tv, CNN, the BBC or on a soap box on times square ... your still not going to get answers to the questions your looking for.

1. When will new courses and features be released
    2. Averages / Tiers and Levels issues
    3. Price of balls and why the get "lost" in the first place
    4. Sandbaggers
    5. Meter Issues

I'd rather have a roadmap that updates monthly in the forum which everyone can read than a 1 hour chat.   

Just my opinion

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 9:02 AM

Good luck with twitch tv. We at #Wgt were glad to host the chats until you get up and running. Skype is a good one too. I agree with the roadmap. Folks at Deviations always glad to help the site out.   F. Gazz

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 9:06 AM

MBaggese:
      The suggestion, although not asked for, was/is well warranted

True, but was not feeling the WGT love yesterday... Andy

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 9:21 AM

overtheedge:

hpurey:

My name has been taken as well.

That makes three...? Who else would pick the name of a tiny village in Andalucia ?..Strange.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 9:59 AM

overtheedge:

Question - Why, without opening an account, when I typed in chatwithmisterwgt in the Browse window, clicked Browse, it took me to the broadcast page? 

Its not that I wont open an account, but why is it necessary? Thanks,,,edge / Jeff

So, you can see channels that are open to the public but unless you are logged in to an account you won't be able to chat. Once the chat starts we may put a password on a channel, which can only be used if you are logged in to an account. We're not sure whether we will use a password or not, so I suggest everyone make an account.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 3:52 PM

borntobesting:

bhoese:

I hope you still provide a transcript here on site.  It's much easier to refer back to.

If I read it correctly there will be no need for a transcript as the entire chat will be recorded and archived on twitch.tv. You can then watch it any time that you please.

I only want to watch it once.  If I want to refer back to it, I'd much rather have it here in the forums, all nice and searchable.  Copy-and-pasteable too, for that matter.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 4:19 PM

bhoese:
    I only want to watch it once.  If I want to refer back to it, I'd much rather have it here in the forums, all nice and searchable.  Copy-and-pasteable too, for that matter.

Sorry friend, since we are changing the medium from text to video, there is no way to "copy and paste" the chat to the forums. All chats will be recorded and saved on the "chatwithmisterwgt" channel for review.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 4:24 PM

Calling all stenographers!!

RSS