Forums

Help › Forums

Chat with MisterWGT 11/20 2PM PST - NEW PLATFORM!

Wed, Nov 14 2012 6:30 PM (58 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 4:52 PM

WGTpizza:

“WGTpizza, do I really need to set up a Twitch.tv account?”

Yes. I suggest you make an account with the same user name you use on WGT. If you do not use a Twitch.tv account, you will not be able to view the Chat with MisterWGT.

Ok, I’m signed up, now where do I find the channel where the broadcast will take place?”

At the top of the twitch.tv page, next to your user name, you will see a search bar. Type: “chatwithmisterwgt” to find the channel that we will use to broadcast the chat.

Very cool indeed. I would suggest 'Bookmarking' the chatwithmisterwgt page after signing up.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 6:06 PM

Greyyowl:
    Kudos on the progression. Bout the only thing I see as a thorn in my freckle is the time difference and getting a handle on it.

A valid point, Greyyowl. We will be looking into the time we hold the chat and whether or not there is a more optimal time for our community.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• Phaxda
    145 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 2:49 AM

I am planning to watch live on twitch.tv (unless WGT wants to invite me down the street for an in-person viewing) and will transcribe the chat. While I am not a stenographer, I do have  job that requires me to take dictation and type really fast. Depending on how long the chat goes, I should be able to post about 30 minutes after the conclusion of the event.

Pizza, just send me a message if you would like to review the transcript and have it posted by WGT--otherwise I will just post it on the forum myself once complete. 

If there's an actual stenographer out there or a WGT employee wants to take on the task, I will of course defer to them.  

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 7:53 AM

Twitch TV ! ... Wow ! ... This is crazy great technology ... I still feel litte lost as in any new thing we get into, but thank you WGT because interacting with your game and site pushes us (gently) into this process of learning new stuff  ;)

So, Quijotazo here reporting that I already have my free account at TwichTV, and my user name is also QUIJOTAZO.  See you all on Nov 16th - 2pm PST

Cheers !

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 10:05 AM

Phaxda:

Pizza, just send me a message if you would like to review the transcript and have it posted by WGT--otherwise I will just post it on the forum myself once complete. 

If there's an actual stenographer out there or a WGT employee wants to take on the task, I will of course defer to them.  

Thank you, Phaxda, for offering your services! Feel free to transcribe the chat and post it on the forums. This might help people who maybe didn't get a chance to set up their Twitch.tv account.

As a reminder, ALL of the new chats will be recorded and compiled on the actual "chatwithmisterwgt" channel on twitch.tv to be watched any time.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2012 2:50 PM

Quijotazo:
    See you all on Nov 16th - 2pm PST

What time would that be in Australia EDST?

TIA

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2012 2:59 PM

SHRUDE:

There are many ways to find this information on the internet. Here is a handy website: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ There are many others, I suggest doing a google search.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2012 3:01 PM

SHRUDE:

Guessing last week Shru...lol..

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2012 4:44 PM

Heh-Aussies have it tough. They have 3 time zones there playing tomorrow while we're playing today. Still trying to figure out how to make that work with the lottery numbers.  :-D

RSS