Forums

Help › Forums

Same exact shot.. Totally different results..

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 8 2012 4:33 PM (6 replies)
  • Scott2mee
    281 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 7:11 PM

On the same hole with the same club. Conditions exactly the same. I've hit the mark dead on at the swing meter and the ball goes right where I want it to.. Other times it has a mind of its own. These are always shots from the fairway. Is ths WGT's way of telling me to buy a new set of irons or am I  missing something..

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2012 9:54 AM

hi

that's to be expected with those clubs. they have very little forgiveness and precision, so different results are not really a bug, just a nature of the clubs.

-wgticon

• Scott2mee
    281 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2012 12:22 PM

Not very forgiving and at times they can be down right cruel.. Never the less they're what's in my bag for now.. I'll get my score down with these irons then when I purchase the next set I'll be spot on..

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2012 2:10 PM

Scott2mee:

Not very forgiving and at times they can be down right cruel.. Never the less they're what's in my bag for now.. I'll get my score down with these irons then when I purchase the next set I'll be spot on..

hi

Even the best clubs will not be the same every time. just like in real life, no 2 shots will be identical.

But, higher end clubs do offer much more control and precision, especially over longer distances.

-wgticon

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2012 2:47 PM

Scott, you will find that no matter what clubs or balls you have, you will be amazed at times with the variance in shots. I have been here awhile and have played many games, it can be a head shaker at times. Don't let it get to you. Its part of the game, just like in real life. Play and have fun, make some great friends, and keep it simple. Otherwise you will get upset, and start whining and beatching all the time. Take this game for what it is, A GAME. You can have a great time or a miserable time. It's your choice.

Ren

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2012 3:16 PM

This is the most inconsistently consistent game that you will ever play. You will consistently hit the ball. The game through vem / deviation will consistently give you incon sistent results. In other words, dont ever expect to play a perfect game. In real life , the pros` arent perfect , and they dont play perfect . Can you shoot low scores, sure you can.You can post scores that will make others wonder. At the same time , you will also post scores, that will make you to never want to play again. So welcome to the Pain Factory. This is the game that you will truly love to hate. Happy Swinging

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2012 4:33 PM

Scott2mee:
    I'll get my score down with these irons then when I purchase the next set I'll be spot on..

Just don't expect it to be right away.  You'll have to learn whatever new clubs you get. 

RSS