Help › Forums

Meter Issues. Don't Know What Else to Do

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 9 2012 2:56 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Buckeye8084
    307 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2012 4:19 PM

I have a new laptop and  flat out can't get the meter stable. I have tried chrome, IE, Maxthon, Maxthon Beta, Game Booster, CCleaner....etc I just updated Flash with pepper off and it still sucks. I have a 6 year old computer with far less system resources and the meter is smooth as silk. 

If you have any ideas on what I can do to get this new laptop more stable I would appreciate it. 

Adobe Flash Player (2 files) Version: 11,5,502,110
    Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
    Name: Shockwave Flash
    Description: Shockwave Flash 11.5 r31
    Version: 11.5.31.2
    Location: C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\23.0.1271.64\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll
    Type: PPAPI (out-of-process)
      Enable
    MIME types:
    MIME type Description File extensions
    application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash
    .swf
    application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player
    .spl
    Name: Shockwave Flash
    Description: Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
    Version: 11,5,502,110
    Location: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_11_5_502_110.dll
    Type: NPAPI
      Disable

• genegold2
    1,302 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 4:41 AM

I've came to the concussion that what you are experiencing and many others may be caused by things like video, chip sets, motherboards and even system processes. Their are so many different variables involved that it is impossible to pin point the exact problem. Software conflicts such as antivirus or messaging. Trial and error is only the solution to this problem. What works for one, may not work for all.

Good Luck.

• Daboofness
    438 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 5:00 AM

Have you tried to clear your cache?  LMAO!!  I nearly choked when I said that!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 5:02 AM

Buckeye8084:
    I have a new laptop and  flat out can't get the meter stable

Take a look at your msconfig file. New computers come with a ton of useless stuff set to run on startup. You might have all sorts of stuff running that you don't wan't or need. Checking that file is the first thing any new owner should do.

This should help you. Bottom of page 2.

• creamer444
    783 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 5:31 AM

buckeye i had the same problem with you i baught a new hp    pc even more powerfull than yours it totally sucked on wgt i was under the 28 day guarantee took it back 2 the shop said it was a faulty hard drive luckily they never checked it my friend has a 9 year old comp what was miles better than mines for wgt made no sense to me im back on laptop now still have bad meeter sometimes lot better than it was though.

• theparman4
    23 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 7:59 AM

Conspiracy theory?? Inte last 2 days I have lst 3 balls shortly after a brand new ball is put in play. It never happens on a hole that does not have a hazard that will gobble up your ball. Could WGT just be trying to increase there revenue? Not saying this is what's happening but... just food for thought.

• longballknocker
    40 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 9:22 AM

What works for one may not for another. My system is not nearly as advanced as yours, but last night turned off pepper flash and now am experiencing a large improvement. My completion rate fell from a 93 to a 70 during the past week  just from the multiple unrelenting disconnects. My meter had gotten so bad I couldn't hold onto a practice swing or sometimes any swing, letting ball go and striking without any input from me. Like I said turned off pepper flash and 95% of my problems disappeared. At the same time I downloaded a new version or updated of Chrome.///Update , got a new mouse and all problems dissappeared

• gk21al
    199 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 9:28 AM

Wgt your meter is so crap today, the worst i've ever seen it...

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 9:32 AM

Buckeye8084:
    a new laptop and  flat out can't get the meter stable

A few months back, I had the same problem with my new desktop. Like you, tried everything I could think of. Doh. The answer (in my case) came from a fellow country club member. Getting the latest drivers for vid card did the trick.

Good luck.

• PAGES
RSS