Can't connect - help!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 28 2012 3:07 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GiveMeMyWings
    1 Posts
    Sat, Nov 10 2012 11:49 AM

Hi

I have just started experiencing a problem that I can't seem to get around at all. In fact, getting to a point where I could write this post has been quite the process - but I digress.

This is not my usual username - I had to create a new account in order to post this message. It appears this new account has the same issue outlined below.

For the last three days I have not been able to connect to the WGT server. When I first go to the website, the left-hand bar is blank. There is no play now button or list of friends, which is what I would normally see. Instead, after about 15 seconds, a box appears that is titled "Could not connect to WGT". The box text: "There seems to be a problem with your internet connection. A connection with the WGT servers could not be established. Do you want to retry?"

Retrying brings up the login box, although much slower than usual. However, after log in credentials have been entered, the result is the same - could not connect.

A friend of mine is having exactly the same issue. We've tried this both at my place and his, with the same result. We've tried clearing browsing data, updating flash, disabling bad versions of flash (we're both over level 90 and Legends; we know that song!), still without any luck. Both running Chrome on Windows 7.

I've no idea how to get past this problem, but it means I can't play the game at all at the moment, and nor can my friend. It's frustrating when we've played the game long (and spent as much money as we have) - we just want to be able to play again.

Please assist me in resolving this issue - I'd be grateful. 

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 1:56 AM

GiveMeMyWings:
    We've tried clearing browsing data, updating flash, disabling bad versions of flash (we're both over level 90 and Legends; we know that song!), still without any luck. Both running Chrome on Windows 7.
    Flash has updated to 11.5 - try again folks!

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 4:54 AM

Try switching browsers to Comodo Dragon or Maxthon3.

• jld51
    406 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 5:10 AM

GiveMeMyWings:
    For the last three days I have not been able to connect to the WGT server. When I first go to the website, the left-hand bar is blank

allow third party content in global flash player settings

• Deviant
    21 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 2:13 PM

This is my proper account (GiveMeMyWings was the account I created to write the post). I am on my work computer where WGT works.

I have tried updating flash player, as already mentioned.

Third party content in global flash player settings was already allowed.

The problem is not resolved - same thing is happening. Can someone please shed some light on this? I do not intend to use a different browser - as mentioned, I've tried it in Chrome, Firefox, and IE, with the same result. I can't imagine downloading other browsers willy nilly will resolve the issue.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 3:53 PM

Contact customer service.....

• Deviant
    21 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 5:23 PM

I thought that was what I was doing. Should I be emailling someone?

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 11:37 PM

Yes, members@worldgolftour.com

(corrected)

• Deviant
    21 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2012 12:07 AM

Great, thanks for that.

However, in the end, with no extra changes being made, WGT suddenly works properly again. Nobody touch it!! :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2012 5:22 AM

Deviant:

However, in the end, with no extra changes being made, WGT suddenly works properly again. Nobody touch it!! :)

It sounds like an ISP issue. That would be why your clearing and reinstalling actions didn't help. I have seen the same thing. In my case it was a cable from my modem to the computer. Tech support replaced the cable and the problem went away. In your case, if the cable is OK, then I would suspect your ISP had a problem for a short bit.

• PAGES
RSS