Forums

Help › Forums

WGT quitter game engine

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 11 2012 3:24 PM (9 replies)
  • Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 10:27 AM

What is the percentage on game completion for WGT ?  Would you bet WGT never fails ?  I am writing this post while stuck in a blitz game invited by a good friend who always finishes his games.  First hole, he starts, his time runs out to :00 and we are stuck there.  I really mean WE ARE THERE, both of us still waiting for some sort of reaction, after almost 15 minutes with no movement on WGT side.  It looks like this :

Can't wait for the chat with Mr. WGT, because only players are punished by this tool, while WGT wouldn't make not even 80% of reliability on game completion.  That % is not fair to us players.

PS.  And I am still waiting with the game stuck, knowing sadly that if I close that window I will be sentenced with 3% drop IMMEDIATELY ! ... too much stress on us !

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 10:32 AM

4 minutes later, still stuck.  WGT quits on us and we are the only ones called "quitters" because only our % is affected and publicly exposed on the lobbie   :(

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 10:48 AM

Q,

if your opponents timer runs out and nothing happens, it was you who got booted from the game. The fact you can see the game and are still able to type means nothing. You are out and your opponent is waiting in the lobby (if the game has 1, otherwise his screen shows you disconnected and lost the game) since even before his timer got to zero. Trust me on this. When you see the timer run out and no warning appears, you're out and you need to X out of the game and return through the main page (play now tab).

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 10:50 AM

.... and now about 25 minutes stuck in the same game with no other option but to close the game window (quit) or quit through the menu ... and no one blames WGT for this  :(

WGT you quitter ! .... (joking ha ha)

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 10:54 AM

Quijotazo:

.... and now about 25 minutes stuck in the same game with no other option but to close the game window (quit) or quit through the menu ... and no one blames WGT for this  :(

WGT you quitter ! .... (joking ha ha)

As I wrote above, X out immediatelly and come back. If you'll do that within 5 minutes, you'll be able to return most times, although sometimes the continue tab freezes and you need to reboot the whole thing (doesn't happen that often). But NEVER wait more than 1 minute, if you're not returned to the lobby within 60 secs, it's you who got disconnected.

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 10:54 AM

PUHOLINO:

Q,

if your opponents timer runs out and nothing happens, it was you who got booted from the game. The fact you can see the game and are still able to type means nothing. You are out and your opponent is waiting in the lobby (if the game has 1, otherwise his screen shows you disconnected and lost the game) since even before his timer got to zero. Trust me on this. When you see the timer run out and no warning appears, you're out and you need to X out of the game and return through the main page (play now tab).

Thank you Puholino.  I do know that my friend, specially on matched games and strokes that is still doable, but I am on a blitz, and there's no comeback way from tech failures on these kind of games, WGT quitts on me and I end up left with only the option of closing window (quit) or quit through the MENU (another quit) ... still, I will be punished for this tech failure.  Cheers my friend !

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 11:02 AM

OK, this is a good one ! ... I already closed the game window, reopened it and created a new blitz lobby and the good news is that my 93% remained ! ... Maybe, if you wait long enough that gives the system time to think and realize your true intentions of remaining in the game ???? ... ha ha ... I feel lucky now ;)

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 11:07 AM

Quijotazo:
    I end up left with only the option of closing window (quit) or quit through the MENU (another quit)

That's the point, if you're not in practice mode, closing the gameclient window isn't quitting, it's the only way to get back in the game through the game lobby and you can do it twice a game with no repercussions but you get DQ if it happens the 3rd time. Not closing the window will however ALWAYS count as quitting in the end, since you were the one that got disconnected (although you weren't aware of that) and did nothing to get back. Trust me, if it's a scored game of any sort that returns you to the lobby (MP, skins of any sort, alt shot) X out and come back. But if it's blitz or practice mode (apart from skins), you can't come back (losing your connection for a few seconds is sometimes enough for that to happen and it's our internet provider's fault 90% of the time), there's nothing you can do about it and your % will drop (but I don't think many people care about that, they'll still play with you).

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 11:11 AM

Quijotazo:

OK, this is a good one ! ... I already closed the game window, reopened it and created a new blitz lobby and the good news is that my 93% remained ! ... Maybe, if you wait long enough that gives the system time to think and realize your true intentions of remaining in the game ???? ... ha ha ... I feel lucky now ;)

Lol, that just means the 30th to last game was a disconnect and it dropped out of the equasion, so one "quit" replaced another, if you were able to finish, you're % would rise. It only accounts for the last 30 games played, so for example, if the first 2 it still counts were completed and you complete the next 2 you enter, nothing will change, but if 1 or both of them were "quits" and you finish next 2, your % will go up.

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 3:24 PM

Two more games today.

Case 1 :  Three players start.  The other two players quit the game but WGT allows me to keep playing to the end without any interruptions ... I really don't have a problem if a player feels like quitting, as long as I can finish it myself :

Case 2 :  Same as 1 but here it shows when a player disconnects fairly using the MENU - END RUN, and still, WGT did not allow the remaining two players to complete game :

WGT reputation status :  50% ... ha ha ;)

RSS