Help › Forums

WGT Commercial

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 12 2012 3:32 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 4:53 PM

Let's start a donation drive for WGT. so they can raise money to have a commercial be made for live television.

The amount of active players in this game is slowly decreasing. WGT, could you imagine how much money you would make if you could get another 1,000,000 players to sign up? WGT players would no longer struggle to find games, WGT could come out with more great features, and you would have more money to hire film crews to shoot more courses!

A tournament with proceeds can be played and or money donations could be an option of payment.

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 4:58 PM

J, I don't want anymore little crushers runnin round...ffs  lol

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 6:37 PM

Why would this be a concern to me?

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 9:00 PM

If WGT would address the problems in the game, they wouldnt have that problem. When the players complaints, fall on deaf ears, what do you think is going to happen?You have had many players leave because the game isnt fair. The vem / deviation, meter spikes, disconnects, dropped shots, and basic overall game quality , is pathetic. Many players go in their pockets to play this game. They buy the balls and clubs, trying to play better, only to get the shaft from WGT. The people who run this company, only care about themselves, and the dollar. As long as it looks good on paper, they dont care. I dont tell any more of my friends about this game.When I do speak about it, I also talk about how the game cheats.                                                                                                                                                                       No I wont be helping WGT do any recruiting. When they resolve the issues regarding the game, I may speak a kind word. But as long as customer satisfaction is on the bottom of their list. They will be on the bottom of mine.Happy Swining

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 9:38 PM

I must agree the issues Lonnie describes is what killed EA Sports lock on the golf sim industry in 2004 with TW. Look where they are now in terms of sales with their golf sim compared to the years prior to 2004.

Makes no sense how it seems every week the site is down for this and that but no list of bug fixes ...Oh there are no fixes that's why. I mean come on WGT how long do you think it will last ? Maybe they are done fixing issues and have already reached their climax ?

Only time will tell but I have seen this scenery before and it isn't positive or classy.

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2012 5:51 AM

Fwiw, I've come to the conclusion (A) I really suck ( B) I've reached my maximum potential on here (C) WGT has really tightened the screws down for the last couple weeks. Most days it's been an uphill battle to make par and on very rare occasions, I can manage to shoot 2 or 3 under. This is with all top equipment on St. A's after over a year and 1/2. One would think at some point the learning curve would kick in and allow a 4 or 5 under to happen occasionally, but no, that does not seem to happen when clubs and putters do not seem to react with balls at any level of consistency. Will I continue to play ? Probably. Am I enoying it ? Not so much. Does anyone care? No, and apparently, least of all WGT

Doc :(

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2012 6:03 AM

pjctas0822:
    Maybe they are done fixing issues and have already reached their climax ?

You mean WGT has finally jumped the shark?

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2012 6:30 AM

drmoose:

Fwiw, I've come to the conclusion (A) I really suck ( B) I've reached my maximum potential on here (C) WGT has really tightened the screws down for the last couple weeks. Most days it's been an uphill battle to make par and on very rare occasions, I can manage to shoot 2 or 3 under. This is with all top equipment on St. A's after over a year and 1/2. One would think at some point the learning curve would kick in and allow a 4 or 5 under to happen occasionally, but no, that does not seem to happen when clubs and putters do not seem to react with balls at any level of consistency. Will I continue to play ? Probably. Am I enoying it ? Not so much. Does anyone care? No, and apparently, least of all WGT

Doc :(

Hey Doc  I took a look at your history and I think I see a problem. Stop playing St A only. I actually got much better at St A by playing Oakmont, Congressional, RSG and Bethpage. Trying to force scoring on any one course can drive you nuts. Refresh yourself with some play on any one of the others and when you go back to St A, it'll feel a lot easier. You definitely have the clubs to score well.

• Cleworthy
    3,468 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2012 6:47 AM

WGT is still listed as "Beta", which would lead you to believe it's not ready for mainstream media - at least in the eyes of WGT.  C

• EnglishRosey
    733 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:16 AM

Buggyyy:

Let's start a donation drive for WGT. so they can raise money to have a commercial be made for live television.

The amount of active players in this game is slowly decreasing. WGT, could you imagine how much money you would make if you could get another 1,000,000 players to sign up? WGT players would no longer struggle to find games, WGT could come out with more great features, and you would have more money to hire film crews to shoot more courses!

A tournament with proceeds can be played and or money donations could be an option of payment.

sorry, but this is maybe the worst idea i have ever heard.

Not only do i already pay a ludicrous sum for my fake golf balls, an absurd rake on all credit games, and every time the community suggest ideas or improvements....they are met with max balls or clubs, or some such other absurd non requested update, i must now also pay for there marketing? 

If they listened to the community and sorted out the game a bit, they would have a lot more players or longer lasting ones.......

Also there generosity is non existent. If you win the weekly free stroke play tournament, in a massive field of players, you win $2.70........pathetic, almost insulting. i certainly will not be donating to there advertising campaign.....jesus, funding the marketing, i already fund the game.

• PAGES
RSS