Forums

Help › Forums

open question

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 15 2012 2:03 AM (4 replies)
  • crgade
    490 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 1:05 PM

okay so here we go here I sit broken hearted paid my dime and only............

nono thats not it

so here I do sit am sorta broken hearted

have just over 2 years invested in this game(I think to lazy to be sure)

have reached legend status will admit got there to soon (was sometime early this year)

can still shoot 30-31 or 62-64 rounds if am on

but average is about 68.5-69  not gonna go nuts lowering it till my 400 games are done at legend level  have upper tiered equipment have spent a couple of bucks here to lazy to do surveys etc.... and well $50 bucks here only equals one game in real life and get a lil bit more then 5 hours of enjoyment here.

have come to realization that will never win rg's or the big open tournys ( congrats to those guys they put in the time they deserve it) am jealous of their scores sometimes but hey they play a lot more then I do have the bux they have won so can enjoy it more

I love the game tried the new courses format Cabo and Whistler liked them but am not gonna pay more to play them

like the uneven lies

do not like the unable to connect to servers that are popping up about every 2 holes I play but am sure it will sort itself out (yes using proper flash and have cleared all caches)

but to make a long story short am asking

WHAT IS IN IT FOR THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD PLAYER,

THE ONE THAT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR RG'S OR BIG TOURNAMENTS?

THE PLAYER THAT DOES FORK OVER MONEY TO PLAY CAUSE ITS A GREAT GAME

but being honest not really seeing the customer appreciation for the middle of the road guy.

will admit if it wasn't for my cc would be slowly losing interest in the game

actually even with the cc am losing interest

anyone want to try to rekindle the fire inside?

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 1:28 PM

1. Just go out to play with the intention of having a fun round. Enjoy the great shots when they come; for the not-so-great shots, take a moment to analyse what when wrong, and the probable cause, for future reference. Then play on.

2. For practice rounds hit your drive into trouble intentionally, then work on what it takes to get out of trouble. Or alternatively, from your fairway driver lie intentionally bang your approach into trouble near the green (long, short, trap, etc. and work on making the save.

3. Join a CC or the ladder site, to get a set of friends that you can play with for pure enjoyment. That trouble practice in #2 above will stand you in good stead when your blasted partner gets the team into a problem lie, lol.

My credentials: I too am a mid-60s Legend, who's 'average' seems stuck at 66 +/-.

Bottom line: don't sweat the small stuff - just have a good time out there.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 1:30 PM

I too will never win a RG or tourny - put quite simply I am not good enough. So why do I play - for the enjoyment. Every game is a challenge, just like in real golf. I do not shoot sub par rounds often on the real course (well hardly ever now) but I set goals - and thats what keeps me coming back on here too.

It is pretty cheap entertainment, the game doesn't have to be about winning, We are not doing this for a living, so I have the attitude, play as well as I can, enjoy the company with the players you play with and anything above that is a bonus.

I probably haven't re-kindled your fire but I think you have to re-assess why you started playing in the first place.

Play 9 holes with a mate using only a 7 iron and a putter - see how much fun you can have, or use only starter clubs to see how well you can play going back to basics. It is JUST a game.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 1:52 PM

It's fun, no ?

Thought at legend tier I couldn't win / compete in RGs either,,.....but entered 3 in the last couple of weeks and surprised myself with 2 crystals and a platinum, you might be better than you think ?

Either way in those comps it's a hit best and can beat anyone on our day?.. ..Andy

• genegold2
    1,302 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 2:03 AM

I'm a ways from getting that good. I have same type troubles as you. I don;t care about winning credits in Tourneys on RG. I would like to get better at this game, It is so enjoyable. I have been playing alt-shot and it is very good practice and enjoyable. I like playing with and against everyone. Tier levels and averages are not important. Playing with someone when it only cost nothing but my own ego deflation. I never say I'm sorry about a bad shot I make, just tell what I did wrong on golf course. I always tell other players, no sorry s on golf courses. It for fun and practice. I get down at times just like everyone else, but a good game of alt-shot brings me back to focus.

RSS