Forums

Help › Forums

Downtime Tonight 11/13/2012

Mon, Nov 19 2012 10:09 AM (82 replies)
  • Pskip001
    191 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 6:56 PM

Can you be a little more vague ? gezzzuzzzz.

yes

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:30 PM

Choppography:

Anyone sniff out any changes yet?

Nope same ole same ole and I have not even been here a year and its getting old already. Ill stick around because the game is awesome to me but more importantly being part of a great CC has undoubtedly have a great hold on me.

But WGT owes it to their core players and community to give informative insight as to bug fixes or attempt to fix bugs. Isnt that what being in Beta is all about ?

Oh I forgot I dont know anything about business or internet business lol. Or marketing etc etc ..

Never realized I had to be an expert on certain topics to voice what I want.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:31 PM

Pskip001:

yes

LoL :) I give up :)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:45 PM

-maybe just drop it...lmbo...downtime is over and gone.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:56 PM

pjctas0822:
    But WGT owes it to their core players and community to give informative insight as to bug fixes or attempt to fix bugs. Isnt that what being in Beta is all about ?

No my friend.

Does your company tell you "we'll be down for service from....."

Then the next day tell you all they did?

Ofcourse not.

Many times "maintenance" is just back ups and house cleaning...who give a rats pie hole if you know know they dropped 500Meg of useless rants from 2008 postings, inorder to free up space?...lol...but ya know that, right?

Bottom line on updates and such, check the news...if the news doesn't tell you about "exciting things"...then it';s just plain old maintenance that needs to be done...if they told you "we're gonna clear all our caches (sarcasm)...would you feel better, worse, hange your game the next day...buy a new wedge, etc?

No...so chill some folks and follow some basic outlines that WGT has said in the past...

After updates, etc...clear your crap and play the game..:)

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 9:41 PM

Had you even bothered to understand my original post you wouldnt have replied that way. I was not specifically talking about this downtime , I was asking about past and future downtimes and why bug fixes were not being made.

Not for you to worry about my concerns ok.

And BTW I dont know what company you work for but yes the companies I have managed do discuss when who what and where and dont leave the employees in the dark as to what is going on . At least that is not the norm where I have worked.

I have no clue what that has to do with me asking about past and future bug fixes which require downtime.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 9:42 PM

MBaggese:

-maybe just drop it...lmbo...downtime is over and gone.

Thats what I give up means hello.

• Pskip001
    191 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 9:55 PM

pjctas0822:

Pskip001:

yes

LoL :) I give up :)

I play on Rockmelt, and it seemed the first game I played (and MOST since) after down time,have been playing smoother. Meter, animation, even transitions all seem to be running...smoother. Can't nail down the rest yet on this end, but something about it "feels" different...I dunno.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 10:18 PM

But according to the Forum Bosses and if it is not announced in the news then nothing was done ???

But then another says they dont ever say what is done ??

Ahhh at this point Im just wasting my time and obviously WGT is not really interested in responding so all leave it alone and refer back to these type of threads in the future when someone asks "what ever happened to WGT" lol.....

Ill just respond with "I dont know they never said what " lol.

Lata.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 11:07 PM

Pj,

If you read what I wrote, it explauins it entirely.

Let's go back to "Company A"

Company A shuts down for maintenacne

Does Company A need to tell everyone...

1.  Toilets were clened

2.  Drain in mens shower was unclogged

3.  etc, etc...

No...they  don't ...now us as customers (paying only by choice mind you) don't need a detailed version of "downtime"......

I/e if...and I ask you...IF WGT said we had to re arrange the seating in the office...why do you need to klnow that?

If, and I again say IF...they say we changed loops xxxx to generate yyy  and switched motherboards on rach 57...

Does that change your apprach to the game?

No...after every update/maint.  clear stuff and get it going again...so yes, this is in response to your original; post...you don't need (or have a "right") to know.

You think they (WGT) are doing some covert OPs and you knowing  every detail will give you the edge?

RSS