Help › Forums

Downtime Tonight 11/13/2012

Mon, Nov 19 2012 10:09 AM (82 replies)
  • pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 11:28 PM

MBaggese:

Pj,

If you read what I wrote, it explauins it entirely.

No it does not

Let's go back to "Company A"

Company A shuts down for maintenacne

Does Company A need to tell everyone...

yes

1.  Toilets were clened

2.  Drain in mens shower was unclogged

3.  etc, etc...

No...they  don't ...now us as customers (paying only by choice mind you) don't need a detailed version of "downtime"......

I/e if...and I ask you...IF WGT said we had to re arrange the seating in the office...why do you need to klnow that?

So I would know where to sit

If, and I again say IF...they say we changed loops xxxx to generate yyy  and switched motherboards on rach 57...

Does that change your apprach to the game?

Yes because if the dinged approach shot bug was fixed I would have to change the way i play immediately

No...after every update/maint.  clear stuff and get it going again...so yes, this is in response to your original; post...you don't need (or have a "right") to know.

You think they (WGT) are doing some covert OPs and you knowing  every detail will give you the edge?

My point is and my questions was about BUGS I could care a less about this current downtime and I posed the question so we the community could find out when they plan on taking the site down to fix some bugs . You are making it more complicated than what I am getting at.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 11:34 PM

My original post says this

Seem to have one a week lately . Is it just general maintanence or are we going to start seeing some bug fixes soon ? I wouldnt mind be down for a month if we can get some fixes worked out please.

Am I being specific about this downtime ? NO

I am simply asking a question .A simple question at that. When a game is BETA they require feedback which the community has done right ?

When that happens should we not expect BUG fixes ?

Thats my point . I have not seen any BUG fixes in quite some time but have seen plenty of downtime .Get it ? If not , like I said you dont have to worry about my concern. Your wasting your ink :)

One would expect a BETA game to get fixes from time to time  Not all the time . I understand maintanence needs to be done but so do BUG fixes.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 11:41 PM

Now you're being facetious.

Maintenance is freaking maintenance.

Have you payed attention (maybe not, since you seem to ne driven by posting instead of reading) when WGT does an "upgrade/fix" they announce it?

Why ya be so hung up on their monthly maintenance? It happens every month and you need to know all details involved?

Why?

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 11:46 PM

pjctas0822:
    Seem to have one a week lately .

No...ffs, once a month...what you may "see weekly", are just times when chit happens and needs to be fixed..if I'm wrong, go back through the forums and find me weekly advanced notice of downtime....

You're too high strung, suggest you hit some pixels and work on your virtual game.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 11:51 PM

pjctas0822:

When that happens should we not expect BUG fixes ?

Thats my point . I have not seen any BUG fixes in quite some time but have seen plenty of downtime .Get it ? If not , like I said you dont have to worry about my concern. Your wasting your ink :)

One last comment...from your post...after being here 8 months...share with us all your "BUGS" as you know them?

I've been here a bit lomger and can think of a few (all due to wedge shots on par 5's at KI, SA and BP) but will never be fixed...how is it after me playing 3000+ rounds....that's all I got...but you have more?

Share with us please...I'll be back in the morning to see what you've come up with.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 7:31 AM

Really . Now you are just patronizing me and its not worth my time. But I will name one major BUG that can be fixed ...The DINGED approach shots. Not everyone experiences this BUG it seems but it is there.

If you want a list go the bug section of this forum oh but you know that too right ?

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 7:46 AM

WGTicon:
    a brief downtime

Thank You For The Head,s Up Icon

OPY iaaRft

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 7:59 AM

pjctas0822:

Really . Now you are just patronizing me and its not worth my time. But I will name one major BUG that can be fixed ...The DINGED approach shots. Not everyone experiences this BUG it seems but it is there.

If you want a list go the bug section of this forum oh but you know that too right ?

Need some help here. I made it through 7 pages of posts in that bug section and can't find a single one that complains about a ding bug. Do I have to read through all of them to find it?  TY

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 9:01 AM

Then the search feature obviously doesnt work still ...Another BUG lol.

As much as you guys are on the forum dont tell me you have never heard of that BUG. Just trying to give me a hard time I know.

Not working though :)

It really doesnt matter if you find it or believe it or whatever you dont work for WGT and cant fix it. Other players have posted about this BUG and so have I . Its there .

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 9:06 AM

There's a difference between a bug and a game feature adjustment, something VEM is quite capable of doing. You make it sound like there's actually something wrong with dinging and you don't have to work for WGT to know that that is poppycock.

RSS