• ToxicTrace
    3 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 5:48 AM

when i'll go pro from amature?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 9:12 AM

hi

we do not make requirements public, so I recommend you just pla and post your rounds and the computer will take care of the rest.

-wgticon

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 9:48 AM

You'll need to bring your average down...but don't rush it...

You're learning the correct way by playing all the courses...and not living on the easy ones..hang in there and you'll be moving up in no time.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:03 AM

To give you an idea...this is not official from wgt but what others have compliled based on experience.

• When your average score is equal or smaller than 100 you go from hack to amateur.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 80 you go from amateur to pro.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 72 you go from pro to tour pro
    • When it is equal or smaller than 67 you go from tour pro to Master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 63 you go from Master to Tour master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 61 you go from Tour master to legend 

and

• you need to play at least 5 ranked rounds as hack before reaching Amateur
    • you need to play at least 10 ranked rounds as amateur before reaching Pro
    • you need to play at least 20 ranked rounds as Pro before reaching Tour pro
    • you need to play at least 25 ranked rounds as Tour pro before reaching Master
    • you need to play at least 40 ranked rounds as Master before reaching Tour Master
    • you need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master before reaching Legend

Notice that those minimal number of ranked rounds are also the number of best rounds used to compute your average in that particular tier. So if you are Tour Master for example, your average is computed with your best 50 ranked round (that's why you need at least 50 rounds to move up).

• Lyrac
    177 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:43 AM

Another way is to get a friendly  legend to lose to you and you sky rocket upwards. Then you don't need to bother with all the playing stroke games thing. The downside is that you end up playing way above your skill level, panic buying the most expensive gear and losing the enthusiasm you once had.

It's not particularly honest or satisfying, but it is what Wgt have decreed for us, and what with there inability to listen to reason, it wont change any time soon

I guess what Im trying to say is never play any Match Play games again unless you want to be penalised in this way

• senec
    252 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 11:03 AM

Could that be why 90% of my invites for match play are declined?

• Lyrac
    177 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 11:11 AM

well Ill accept now because its over as far as im concerned, since I got rudely bumped to mattel POS plastic toy legend status.

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 2:54 PM

Lyrac:

well Ill accept now because its over as far as im concerned, since I got rudely bumped to mattel POS plastic toy legend status.

Lyra, how did you get promoted to Legend? Because you sweet-talked higher ranked opponents into throwing matches to you?

I thought not!

Did you achieve Legend tier because - when your game was on - you fairly beat them? If that's how it happened (as I think it is) then you're ready to start from the tips. Yes, it'll take a while to groove your longer approaches - and your best-score 'average' will likely rise sharply until you do.

Then the average will slowly come down as you continue to refine your game. Just head out and play for fun ... the rest will happen as you do. Jot some notes along the way on what works and, just as importantly, what doesn't work in trouble spots. 

The aggravation you're feeling right now will work against that scenario. Is it worth the grief?

Naahhh,

Bob

• ToxicTrace
    3 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 4:07 PM

Thank you all for the answers and the help

• Lyrac
    177 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 4:11 AM

gr8flbob:

Lyrac:

Lyra, how did you get promoted to Legend? Because you sweet-talked higher ranked opponents into throwing matches to you?

I thought not!

Did you achieve Legend tier because - when your game was on - you fairly beat them? If that's how it happened (as I think it is) then you're ready to start from the tips. Yes, it'll take a while to groove your longer approaches - and your best-score 'average' will likely rise sharply until you do.

Then the average will slowly come down as you continue to refine your game. Just head out and play for fun ... the rest will happen as you do. Jot some notes along the way on what works and, just as importantly, what doesn't work in trouble spots. 

The aggravation you're feeling right now will work against that scenario. Is it worth the grief?

Naahhh,

Bob

Bob I appreciate what you say, and no, I don't worry about being able to keep up with the best/rest.

My gripe, and I happen to think it is legitimate, is that I was denied being able to make legend in the way I set out to one year ago. By playing ranked rounds, knocking point by point off due to my own, yes my own ability, and not because some smart idiot in Wgt decides that the way to combat sandbagging is to arbitrarily create a system which chucks every one into the same boat, by including non credit games into their system.

I don't have a problem playing from the tips and I recognise my scores reflect that. I DO have a problem in that now I have no respect for my tier because I was not allowed to EARN it, instead of having it handed to me by default, because a higher tier either A) had a bad game B) someone disconnected or C) I had a good game in a format that has just been implemented, that was not there when I began.

So now I am supposed to suck it up and shut up, and never mind my own self respect and feelings of accomplishment that are no longer present. Yes ok, it's all about me, but I have feelings too and daresay I am not alone in my disgust at the short sighted and heavy handed abandonment by the game creators of players who do not gamble and unfairly take credits from others.

Sure I like to win. But fairly.

RSS