Help › Forums

Need Help

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 17 2012 7:47 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 1:18 PM

I am trying to download the newest version of flash to Maxthon3, can someone please tell me where C: \ Windows \ system32 \ Macromed \ Flash is ? 

I have looked everywhere, I have typed it in the search box and nothing, I know it is somewhere because I downloaded it.

Comodo Dragon took it but Maxthon won't

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 1:45 PM

Are you using windows? if so, if it is home version...then on your task bar look for the explorer file folder.. open it then expand your local disk (C:)...then go down to windows and expand it. Look down until you see the system32 folder...expand it....then go down to macromed....... expand it.....then look ofr the flash folder.

For 64 bit windows it is the same but instead of system32 look for syswow64 folder.

If your using an Apple then That wont be right.

If you really don't know what you are doing then leave your Maxthon3 alone as the version that came with it should work fine.

• TGor
    313 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 1:55 PM

Yep - Gary - This is the guy who posted instructions for "backdooring" the latest flash into the M3 browser (the ones I passed on to you). If he can't help you bud, then I'm out of suggestions also. 

By the way - Thank you Oldbayrunner.  Your posts have been a big help to me.

Tony

Right here --- 

Oldbayrunner:
    instead of system32 look for syswow64 folder.

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 2:37 PM

remove the folder "nppluggins" from \maxthon3\core

this makes maxthon always use the current version of flash in \macromed\flash

any update of flash for browsers such as IE is then done for maxthon as well

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 2:59 PM

It says I need permission to remove it

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 3:11 PM

it's your computer so hit "continue"

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 3:28 PM

Woodoworkery:

I am trying to download the newest version of flash to Maxthon3, can someone please tell me where C: \ Windows \ system32 \ Macromed \ Flash is ? 

I have looked everywhere, I have typed it in the search box and nothing, I know it is somewhere because I downloaded it.

Comodo Dragon took it but Maxthon won't

You cant. Maxthon is a lot like Google. It comes with its own  flash player attached to the browser. It will only update if maxthon chooses to.Some browsers are independent of the flash player. This allows you to down load a flash player of your choice. You may be able to back door the flash in maxthon. I am not familiar with the process , but some of the players are. Happy Swinging

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 3:28 PM

It won't let me , all it gives me is try again ,or cancel. When I hit try again the message keeps coming back

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 6:10 AM

Wood ......You have to make any changes with Administrative Rights in windows 7... You will notice a Shield for that or it should ask you if you want to make changes using admin rights. You need to see if your user login is set up for that.

Oily... True you can delete the NpPlugins folder and run off of the system downloaded flash. On my computer doing that I found my meter wasn't as smooth as running the one integrated in Maxthon3 and updating the NPSW file in it. That is why I haven't recommended it. Of course that is not to say it wont run smooth on other computers by deleting it.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 6:16 AM

Oily thank you very much for your time, but I have given up, LOL  I just went ahead and went to Comodo Dragon with the new flash.

Gary

• PAGES
RSS