Forums

Help › Forums

Oakmont

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 5 2010 9:05 AM (5 replies)
  • fhworkman
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jun 4 2010 11:36 PM

I see the leaderboard shows someone has shot a 57 on Oakmont, with others in the low 60's. How is this even possible? Are these guys playing the same course I am?

There's a 299 yd 3-par - my tee ball only goes 225. There are a couple holes where my best drive doesn't even reach the fairway. 

My most recent round (98) had 41 putts, which means my non-putting shots numbered 57.

Is the playing field level for all players?

Frank

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 1:51 AM

go to the pro shop and look at the distance the clubs hit......youve got two hopes with the starters,,,no hope and bob hope!

• qbblitzer05
    20 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 5:29 AM

LOL!!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 5:29 AM

fhworkman:
    Is the playing field level for all players?

Yes and no. If you're at the pro level, forget it. There's no way a pro is going to be able to hang-the course is just too plain long and difficult to play at Tournament conditions with Pro equipment.

At the Master level it is level but you're still going to need decent equipment to hang, not to mention the ability.

If you're a Pro and do qualify then something would be very fishy about the Pro status.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 7:40 AM
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what he said. JB
  • AHayes21
    9 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 9:05 AM

YJ is correct. Oakmont qualifing is a Masters only tournament. Pro's do not have a chance. WGT should make qualifing for each skill level. Oh I forgot the sandbagger's will dominate then. Oh well just my thought's.

RSS