Forums

Help › Forums

Game Question on Computer speed or lack thereof

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 20 2012 10:34 AM (8 replies)
  • cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2012 9:24 AM

Below are my specs on my computer.  I have a connection of 72 mbps which is middle of the road I know, but it seems the only time my computer is slow to connect I am on WGT.  By slow I mean going from one hole to another.   If any of you have any suggestions I would appreciate it very much.

thanks

cbb

Pentium (R) Dual core processor  3g

4 gb memory

64bit operating system

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2012 10:48 AM

What browser are you using? How often are you cleaning your system? Are you running other programs while playing? These are other variables added to the equation. Look to the right of the page>>>>>>>>>, System requirements .Here you may find your answers.If not , there are some players who will help you out as well . So be patient, help is on the way. Happy swinging

• cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2012 5:48 PM

I use Maxthon3 but also have tried chrome with the same result.  We have team speak on our club but I have played with it on and off with the same thing.  Kinda at a loss here I could use some help.  I cleaned my system yesterday with a full scan, dumped the cache and cleared all the history, even dumped the cookies, still loads very slow.

thanks

• genegold2
    1,302 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2012 11:11 PM

You didn't say which os you are using. Can be caused a number of things. The number of process the os is running, and from personal experience chrome loads slow on the game. I use firefox for wgt and chrome for everything else. I have played game using Win xp amd linux xubuntu with about same results. Antivirus or its settings may even cause this problem along isp. It'll be trial and error to find your problem.

Luck

• boeling
    320 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 6:24 AM

I USE chrome but putting shot meter to delay (sometime) , now i use Safari But scrollbar not work :(

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 9:53 AM

CB Goto game options and turn off any extra animations especially the load next hole and animated flag feature. That should help the loading process.

• cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 12:48 PM

I am using Windows 7 for the os,  I will try shutting off the xtra animations and see what that does for me.  I just hate it for the guys I play with in the club to have to wait on me all the time.  Sorry for the delay getting back guys.  Work, work, work  you know the drill.

thanks

• cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 5:42 AM

I shut down all the animations, nothing running to my knowledge on the computer and it still is in turtle mode when I play WGT.  I am open to all suggestions.

thanks

cbb

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 10:34 AM

Food for thought.... This games uses little to no RAM to play. What it does use is a lot of cpu usage that fluctuates extremely. Even though you shut down animations if you have programs, processes, services, autoupdates running in the background then they take up valuable needed cpu loading & unloading space which can cause a slow down in loading as well as meter skips especially with dou or single core cpu's.  So you need to either run programs like Game Booster3, Gboost, using the configure features, or run msconfig to shut off anything running that isn't necessary.

You could try increasing your virtual memory but I personally don't think it does much since this game isn't ram oriented. Then you mention using team speak which like skype will take up constant cpu usage during your games, which is ok but can slow the load time and cause more meter skips if hitting at high usage peaks or fluctuations.

I use a cpu meter so I know exactly how much of my cpu is being used and I can use that to guage when to use and release my swing meter.

There are other causes such as net type, whether you are using wifi or hardwired, wgt server switching/usage etc., all of that I believe can effect the load time. For the best game results you can obtain on your system it is imperative you have your system optimized to the best it can perform in addition to cleaning your temp, history and cache files periodically. Also you could try increasing your local storage in your flash settings to see if that helps as well as going to Macromedia.com and change your storage and security settings for your flash by deleting any unnecessary sites and increasing it for wgt.

RSS