Replay/Blogposts problem

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 21 2012 7:41 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • 2eyedfeeney
    643 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 6:49 PM

Question for WGT.

Why is it that some of my replays and blog post replays now no longer work? All were fine before.

Some get the web error/ url not found message. Whilst others get as far as the game browser and I get a contact customer support message.

Thought I would ask WGT here rather than contact them for every individual replay that does not work.

Thanks in advance.

2i.

• SteveOx
    699 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 7:06 PM

Ahh sorry to hear that 2eyed.. I too have had some links to my replays broken? Why all of a sudden after some odd years;  who knows?   One of my very best shots on this game is no longer working!  Its very frustrating to have this happen.

I contacted WGT and also had a friend try to fix the broken link.  I was told... sadly  that once the original link has been broken it can not be fixed.   Im still a little angry about this myself..  But what can you do??

I tried for over two weeks to find some way to fix  this: http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=7ceaf77f-4304-4663-a0fa-9ea7015dd791

I hope you have better luck than i did my friend.  Perhaps someone more code literate than I; can help?

OX

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 7:29 PM

Just a guess but perhaps WGT have moved some of the older items to free up space and as a result the links have therefore been broken. If thats the case I am sure they should be able to recover them or give you the new link - I hope so for your sakes.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 12:46 AM

2eyedfeeney:
    Why is it that some of my replays and blog post replays now no longer work? All were fine before.
    The replays in the list from 3-12 and 4-12 work fine - which one of those is giving you problems? We can't be bothered to test them all - be more precise please.

Regarding the blog entries, you must be sure to save the genuine shot URL which will be available long time. The replay URL apparently is deleted if the replay is deleted from the list.

• borntobesting
    9,688 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 3:17 AM

alosso:

2eyedfeeney:
    The replays in the list from 3-12 and 4-12 work fine - which one of those is giving you problems? We can't be bothered to test them all - be more precise please.

Regarding the blog entries, you must be sure to save the genuine shot URL which will be available long time. The replay URL apparently is deleted if the replay is deleted from the list.

If your replay is on your blog and not the 10  replay area and it doesn't work anymore then you most likely deleted the original replay. Once you delete a replay from your replay area then it is no longer available unless you saved it somewhere else. A replay in the blog area only points to the original replay, if deleted you will get some kind of error message, It happened to me a couple of times before I started e-mailing all my replays to myself. 

• MioKontic
    4,648 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 4:14 AM

borntobesting:

alosso:

2eyedfeeney:

If your replay is on your blog and not the 10  replay area and it doesn't work anymore then you most likely deleted the original replay. Once you delete a replay from your replay area then it is no longer available unless you saved it somewhere else. A replay in the blog area only points to the original replay, if deleted you will get some kind of error message, It happened to me a couple of times before I started e-mailing all my replays to myself. 

Not true BTBS, it all depends on when and how you saved them.  If you copied the link from the 'Share' option at the actual time of first seeing the replay, then it has nothing to do with the replay section.  I have many replays in my blog, all of which used to work.  I haven't checked to see if they do or don't work now.

Just to clarify, "Save" saves it to your replay section, "Share" gives you a link so that you can copy it anywhere else, e.g., blog, email, etc.

• dandycap
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 4:45 AM

Now that you mention it,the replay e-mails that I sent to myself can not be viewed. Only tested 5 out of maby 30. Whats up WGT?  just dandy

• 2eyedfeeney
    643 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 4:55 PM

alosso:

2eyedfeeney:

In my blog posts, the weird shot replay, my longest putt replay and my RSG HIO replay no longer work.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look.

2i.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 5:58 PM

2eyedfeeney:
    In my blog posts, the weird shot replay, my longest putt replay and my RSG HIO replay no longer work.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look.

So you were unprecise from the first phrase(?) - not very encouraging.

Are the broken replays genuine shot URLs or copied from the replays?

• 2eyedfeeney
    643 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 6:19 PM

I mistakenly thought a couple of my replays were not working also.I think that the broken replays are genuine shot replays. I am sure that both weird shot and RSG HIO I shared/sent to myself in emails and then copied the links.

Regardless of that Alosso, I dont like your tone. If you are not encouraged to help people with their queries, albeit I mistakenly gave you a wrong piece of information.

I would rather you did not bother.

Thanks for the time you took in the first instance.

Cheers,

Stuart.

• PAGES
RSS