Help › Forums

why do i suffer

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 26 2012 5:35 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • carling222
    59 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2012 10:27 AM

why do i suffer on my screen average when its wgt fault?  i was 100%  i dont quit yet wgt goes down and then my average does, can you explain this wgt ? and as any1else,had this problem ?

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2012 12:18 PM

Many ppl..search other threads on subject..

You'll be 'green' soon..it's ok, don't worry.......Andy

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2012 12:45 PM

Not to worry, WGT is changing that. In the next update that # will turn into a color bar. Then you won't see if you're 100% or something less unless it gets low enough to change that color bar. Each bar will represent a range of #s. :-)

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2012 1:09 PM

Even if you feel it's not your fault it's necessary to realize that the % on your account is not for you. It's for your prospective opponent. It tells him/her how often your games finish for ANY reason.

If the disconnect is WGTs fault then everyone playing will have a similar % of reduction. You surely can't think they are singling you out.

If it is a problem with your end somehow (due to your browser, ISP connection, equipment, etc.) your opponents deserve to know what the probability is that your game will be completed. The % is not a number designed to reflect only quitting. It takes into account much more than that to properly reflect your game completion rate.

• carling222
    59 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2012 11:10 PM

thank you all for the replys and your time

• AlanSteventon
    590 Posts
    Thu, Nov 22 2012 12:13 AM

I too never Quit a game but my % has been going from 100 % - 87 % because of disconnections and WGT site going down during a game.

• ElvisBlue
    3 Posts
    Thu, Nov 22 2012 12:54 AM

I never quit a game as well !! But my % has dropped from 90 to 70 %  due to disconnections and WGT SITE going down during a game !! Ifound that very frustrating and not even your fault !!

But thanks for the info, mate !!

Cheers

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Nov 22 2012 5:29 AM

YankeeJim:
    Not to worry, WGT is changing that. In the next update that # will turn into a color bar. Then you won't see if you're 100% or something less unless it gets low enough to change that color bar. Each bar will represent a range of #s. :-)
    This unluckily changes the neutral number to a judging system:

- green: good guy, make friends.

- yellow: so-and-so guy, take care.

- red: bad guy, avoid!!

We still have no notice that this "culprits" of disconnections will be isolated. Until then, the innocents will equally be hit with the "culprits".

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Nov 22 2012 8:21 AM

alosso:
    We still have no notice that this "culprits" of disconnections will be isolated. Until then, the innocents will equally be hit with the "culprits".

They are also changing the rolling sample of rounds to 100. This will make the occasional "I got screwed" disconnect less impacting. That and the range each color will encompass will make this a moot point. They're getting it right.

• jeffc46221
    621 Posts
    Thu, Nov 22 2012 11:26 PM

I agee YJ they are/got this one right when it changes.

• PAGES
RSS