Forums

Help › Forums

flash help

Sun, Nov 25 2012 3:07 AM (7 replies)
  • ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2012 7:20 AM

Hi there,

I got a few issues with my sons laptop so ill post the problems and hopefully you folks can help me.

my sons laptop went into get repairs and had to get a brand new hard drive,  this resulted in the new hard drive having to go thru all the new updates since the dinosaurs first thought about golf.

When it came to updating flash it went for the new 11.5 version, this version is no good on the laptop(chrome) and i tried to go back to 11.4 but its not on the hard drive as it a new one.

Went onto adobe site and have since found that you cannot download the 11.4 version as it seems not availible anymore and now find my sons laptop unable to play WGT.

I have scoured the net as much as i can(im no expert) and cant find a link or download for 11.4(google chrome) and now lappy is stuck with 11.5.

Any help greatly appreciated and tks in advance

best regards

ladzrls

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2012 8:35 AM

go to the Adobe archived Flash versions here: archived flash player versions.html

There are facilities there for uninstalling your present 11.5 version and installing an older version. Do a search in forums also for 'Pepper flash' deactiviation - this seems to be a real problem for Chrome users. 

My suggestion: switch to Comodo Dragon browser for game play. It's Chrome-based, so should have no issue on your notebook, however it's much more solid than Chrome for game play. And, unlike Chrome, you can set it to NOT automatically update to newer Flash versions

I'm running Dragon with Flash version 11,4,402,287, and my game and meter are rock-solid.

Good Luck

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2012 8:43 AM

I would go with Maxthon3 in which I am using Flash 11.5 and running the game perfectly. Chrome seems to not be as smooth as it once was for this game. No matter which FLASH I use Maxthon3 runs best.

• weekeeper
    1 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2012 9:31 AM

ladzrls:

Hi there,

I got a few issues with my sons laptop so ill post the problems and hopefully you folks can help me.

my sons laptop went into get repairs and had to get a brand new hard drive,  this resulted in the new hard drive having to go thru all the new updates since the dinosaurs first thought about golf.

When it came to updating flash it went for the new 11.5 version, this version is no good on the laptop(chrome) and i tried to go back to 11.4 but its not on the hard drive as it a new one.

Went onto adobe site and have since found that you cannot download the 11.4 version as it seems not availible anymore and now find my sons laptop unable to play WGT.

I have scoured the net as much as i can(im no expert) and cant find a link or download for 11.4(google chrome) and now lappy is stuck with 11.5.

best regards

ladzrls

hi there well my dad is ladzrls i am weekeeper his son i find 11.5 un playable.  I cant stand the JUMPY MEATR .My laptop did have 11 .4 on it but my sisters friend droped it  and it broke so the system got rebooted and it downloaded 11.5

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2012 7:16 PM

comodo dragon... 

like bob suggested.. .. its been great 4 me also..

peace

• Steve442
    710 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2012 1:47 AM

I use Chrome with flash version 11.5.502.110 and have no problems whatsoever with my meter. 

Have you disabled pepperflash?

Older version of Flash can be found here:

Flash

• borntobesting
    9,688 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2012 2:27 AM

ladzrls:

Hi there,

best regards

ladzrls

There are 4 better browsers for WGT. Maxthon 3,Rock Melt,Comodo Dragon, and SRware Iron. Even with flash version 11.5 on them they all work very weli. But for me Maxthon is best.

• Steve442
    710 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2012 3:07 AM

borntobesting:
    There are 4 better browsers for WGT. Maxthon 3,Rock Melt,Comodo Dragon, and SRware Iron. Even with flash version 11.5 on them they all work very weli. But for me Maxthon is best.

That's simply a matter of opinion not a fact. As I've stated I don't have any problems with Chrome and the latest version of Flash. I've tried most of the others and they aren't as good as what I currently use.

Use which ever one is best for you, it's more about the setup and configuration that the browser. 

RSS