Help › Forums

Zoom In

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 30 2012 4:39 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 5:34 AM

Can anyone tell me why my "Zoom In" option works on the 1st hole of every round but never again?

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 7:18 AM

That's the teaser. If you want to use it on hole 2 -18 you must pay 1.000.000.000.000.000.000 credits..... just kidding. I really don't know, or else I would tell you. Good luck finding an answer that does help.

R.

• Kelsey12
    2,114 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 12:38 PM

It's a browser compatibility issue. In Firefox, it works for me every time, but in Chrome it causes the screen to freeze up, and doesn't work at all.

Kelsey

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 1:21 PM

Hmmmm.  I used to have Firefox but switched to Chrome on the advice of an earlier post in this forum.  Is there any other input before I uninstall Chrome?

• genegold2
    1,302 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 5:22 PM

No need to uninstall chrome to use other browsers. Can have multiple browsers installed and can use more than one browser at a time. I run WGT on Firefox and use Google Chrome for email and sometime will have IE loaded for something else.

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 5:49 PM

^^^ what gene said!

I use Comodo Dragon (which is Chrome-based) for WGT play and other secure needs, Chrome for other stuff. IE only for sites that don't play well with other browsers.

Firefox (IMHO) has gotten more klutzy over the years - as might be expected from open-source development and adding too many bells and whistles. I haven't used it in over a year for anything.

But they're all still on my machine - gathering cobwebs in some cases.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 10:22 PM

I dont allow Internet Explorer to EVER open its ugly self on my PC.

Firefox is my main everyday browser and recently have been using MAXTHON3 JUST for WGT only.

Also, try using the Space Bar to load a zoom shot. Even if the little arrow isnt there, you will get one with the Space Bar

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 10:52 PM

Ok, if it's a browser issue I might be able to say something with at least a bit of value.

You can download firefox portable here: http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

Portable, so no need to install. Just download and run executable once to unpack to any location; immediately ready for use from there and you can move the folder around as you like.  Always nice to have as a backup browser, just in case you run into some trouble on the net and wonder if it's a browser issue.

By the way, I'm using this portable version now for years as my primary browser without any trouble. As far as whistles and bells goes: Yes there are loads of plugins and addons that you can install, but you don't have to. Firefox on itself is still pretty basic imho.

R.

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2012 4:16 AM

OK...I re-installed Firefox.  Still no "Zoom in" option showing on the right click.  You say you can switch browsers depending on the site.  How do I do this?  HELP !

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2012 4:28 AM

If in one browser something (anything) doesn't work I copy the www-address, start a different browser and paste it there in the address-bar.

R.

• PAGES
RSS