Forums

Help › Forums

putting - distance control

Sat, Oct 27 2012 1:40 PM (8 replies)
  • bearpresser
    21 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 4:53 PM

I read the article on putting - control and distance.  It makes sense.  But, I can't get the putter to swing back at all; no increments are  there.  In fact, I can't get the putter to move until I release the swing to make a putt (I just see forward movement of the putter).  All my right-click does is make the swing icon to appear; it does chance from white to yellow and it appears to expand/contract as I right-click but it doesn't seize the putter.  Any hints?  (I get the same results on two different computers).  

BTW I'm using an upgraded putter. I read you can test the different putters in "practice".  No change in "practice".  I can't get the putter to move backwards in increments.

HELP!

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Jun 8 2010 1:11 PM

Hi Bear,

You left click to engage the putting meter, not right click.  Left click, hold, drag the mouse upwards to set the power (like you would for a normal swing) and then release when you're ready to make a swing at it.  As you drag the putter back to full power you should see your avatar physically move the putter back as well.  Those are the increments that article refers to.

• bearpresser
    21 Posts
    Mon, Jun 14 2010 9:47 PM

Thanx for the advice.  I've got the hang of it now. My putting has improved but not to the point where I want it.  

Do different putters really make a difference?

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 4:06 AM

bearpresser:

My putting has improved but not to the point where I want it.  

It never does......lol.

I see you bought a putter........ like it?

• ciasrw
    6 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 12:08 AM

Here is some help!

I made a putting calculator on excel and now I'm sharing my putting helper with you all!

Enjoy

https://sites.google.com/site/wgtputtingcalculator/

• SevenDeuce
    31 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 12:08 AM

bearpresser:

Thanx for the advice.  I've got the hang of it now. My putting has improved but not to the point where I want it.  

Yes, they make quite a big difference. Unless you spend massive amounts of time learning the exact quirks of lower leveled putters, and have an insanely quick clicking finger to get it exactly where you want it every time...

I'm using the "MAX Control" putter for Master+ tier... It, compared to the level 35 spider I was using is very noticeable. I went from 22% one putts to around 30.5% one putts. Also, my 3-putting is nearing non-existence. Takes practice, like other putters, but it's beyond forgiving and the 10,20,30,40 foot meters make for pin-point accuracy without having to use rulers or the putter-pal.

Good luck improving your putting! Also try playing a lot of the putting challenges. They're great for honing your distance and learning how the grid shows hard breaks.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 2:59 AM

bearpresser:

I think not, at least not in the first place.

The Max putter may be different, if the ding becomes un-mis-hittable with this precious tool.

Otherwise, the unexchangable putter is the first which has to work properly, and that is you!

It's your part to evaluate length and slope and to apply the right force and direction, and to hit the meter where you should hit it (which is not necessarily the ding).

Only then the differences between the various types of putters start to make a difference on the greens!

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 12:16 PM

This thread is over 2 years old.

It was brought to life by the guy trying to flog his crappy putter calculator.

Please let it die.

• SevenDeuce
    31 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 1:40 PM

Soulcatcher:

This thread is over 2 years old.

It was brought to life by the guy trying to flog his crappy putter calculator.

Please let it die.

Apologies. Didn't even check to see what the date was... How is this game still in Beta being over 2 years old?? Lmao.

RSS