Forums

Help › Forums

Two Tier Greens

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 27 2012 12:43 AM (4 replies)
  • Astondb5
    33 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 5:34 PM

Before I post this gripe I would just like to say that WGT is superb. There are of course a few blips which become more apparent as you improve. There are four or maybe five greens on WGT where the uphill indicator is way off. If you end up being on the lower tier on the first par three on Royal St Georges for example which happens a lot, the indicator says that you re facing a uphill putt which is 2 inches above you. Now, its obvious to everybody who has played this course that it is more like 15 or 20 inches above you. It would be fairly straight forward to correct this. Anybody else experienced this and perhaps have a few tips.

• kakola
    65 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 5:52 PM

if you look closely,  it says 2 FEET, not inches.  Gotta pay attention to the details.

• fmagnets
    3,640 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 5:56 PM

Are you sure you aren't misreading this? It should say 2ft, not 2in - a misreading mistake I have made plenty of times before too.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 6:56 PM

I agree with fmagnets here - it is a misread on your behalf. I assume you mean you have gone left side (lower tier) below the hole. It says 2ft, not 2 inches. Lesson should be - always recheck before you putt (ie go through a pre shot routine). as we have all been caught out before.

• Astondb5
    33 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2012 12:43 AM

Thank you, that has been a huge help. It actually makes the tee shot easier on the basis that I m not panicking about leaving the ball on the lower tier. Thank you

RSS