Forums

Help › Forums

What exactly is required to shoot low 50's?

Thu, Nov 29 2012 5:29 AM (38 replies)
  • Buckeye8084
    307 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2012 7:26 PM

I copied this from another conversation. This guy explains it well.
     Buckeye8084:

I am not sure the exact difference between the r11's and 2.0's ...

Basically R11's draw a higher curve for the same distance, giving you a more perpendicular landing which translates into a more stoppable ball on the green.  The meter tends to be faster I guess because of the virtual reproduction of real physics :  More altitude means closer elevation angle but in order to cover same distance the design compensates with a longer "stick".  That calls for a more accurate shot requirement and WGT deals with that "reality" speeding up the meter.

Bottom line :  More altitude, faster meter, vertical landings and more control over spins on R11.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 1:04 AM

remember that the bottom red graph applies to the Burners as well .. they have the same higher trajectory compared to other irons, including the G20's .. 

• senec
    252 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:14 PM

I just sold my g20 irons,will be buying the level 90 R11 in a few days and the better cleveland wedges too.Hope I didn't make a mistake,the speed of the meter on those R11s are freaking me out.Oh yeah will get the three wood R 11 also.My holiday shopping is over...

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2012 12:36 AM

senec:

I just sold my g20 irons,will be buying the level 90 R11 in a few days and the better cleveland wedges too.Hope I didn't make a mistake,the speed of the meter on those R11s are freaking me out.Oh yeah will get the three wood R 11 also.My holiday shopping is over...

Combat the meter speed with the slow meter Calls and voila .

• borntobesting
    9,688 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2012 4:49 AM

What is required is great putting and that is my weakness.

• borntobesting
    9,688 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2012 4:51 AM

senec:

Give it a few days and you should start to time the meter better. It  takes time to get used to the faster meter speed but you can do it with just about any ball.

• borntobesting
    9,688 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2012 4:51 AM

senec:

Give it a few days and you should start to time the meter better. It  takes time to get used to the faster meter speed but you can do it with just about any ball.

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2012 5:01 AM

I'm counting down the days. 45,000 XP left...

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2012 5:29 AM

chris5214:

remember that the bottom red graph applies to the Burners as well .. they have the same higher trajectory compared to other irons, including the G20's .. 

Also remember the 1/2 dot forgiveness.  It makes your "forgiveness circle" smaller thereby bringing you closer to the hole.  So, if you can putt the lights out, your wind up with more "makeable" putts.  Grab a round where you make more putts than usual and/or good vem and you're likely there.  You have all the shots.

But, it ALWAYS comes down to putting.

RSS