Forums

Help › Forums

cant play

Fri, Nov 30 2012 4:38 AM (22 replies)
  • creamer444
    783 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2012 3:00 PM

yep i no what u mean no offece taken i just get so wound up  when i have a gr8 round going then meeters wreck it  not being big headed or anything if my meeter was smoath i would be lower than this average i wouldent be as good as the greats but i wouldent be far behind i dont think and also i would do lots more ready go's no point me entering them waiste of credits really ty pizza.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2012 3:02 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_bA82L6050

If this is the video you are referring to, it's no surprise that you are experiencing meter issues, as well as other technical issues.

When your golfer swings, it should be smooth as butter. I can see from the first few seconds of the video that either your computer hardware is having a hard time displaying the flash graphics, or your browser is in need of some SERIOUS maintenance.

Let's try this: Perform these maintenance directions, then play a game of WGT and record your first game played. Post that video on to Youtube so that everyone can see that browser maintenance is paramount to proving a near-flawless WGT experience :)

FIRST: Clear your Cache

SECOND: Clear your Flash Cache (Click this link, then click "Delete All Sites")

Let me know if your game has changed after doing this :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• creamer444
    783 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2012 3:27 PM

hi pizza this is what i do

tools

clearbrowser data

from begining of time

clear browser history      ticked

clear download history     ticked

empty cache     ticked

deleete cookies and other site plug in data       ticked

clear saved passwords      ticked

clear saved auto fill form data    ticked

clear data from hoasted apps

i tick all boxes to clear everything  ty pizza  is that correct        ty

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2012 3:29 PM

creamer444:
    i tick all boxes to clear everything  ty pizza  is that correct

Correct! Clear EVERYTHING!

As a warning, what you are doing is essentially erasing your browsers' memory. So all of your stored log in/passwords that conveniently pop up when you load your favorite website will no longer automatically pop up. It will be like your browser has never been used before. A small price to pay for a smooth meter :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• creamer444
    783 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2012 3:40 PM

ty pizza  silly question i never seen that clear flash cache b4 i cleared it there by using your link seems to have helped can you poast the link to me m8 message me if u dont mind save me going through forums 2 find it ive never seen clear flash cache b4 that would be so helpfull tyvm pizza much appreciated ty

• geordieles
    516 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2012 4:03 PM

WGTpizza:
    "give up driving" and then say "mickey mouse could build a better car"?

mickey probably could nt , but NODDY could yeah!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMiSj1YRw88&feature=related

Sooooo sorry could nt resist.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2012 4:54 PM

creamer444:

ty pizza  silly question i never seen that clear flash cache b4 i cleared it there by using your link seems to have helped can you poast the link to me m8 message me if u dont mind save me going through forums 2 find it ive never seen clear flash cache b4 that would be so helpfull tyvm pizza much appreciated ty

I am so glad you have improved your meter situation with proper maintenance!

To save the websites, click the links I gave you, then in your browser simply copy and paste the url to save the website, or you can book mark it. Here are some instructions on how to bookmark

Spread the good word, Creamer444! Tell everyone that "evil WGT" is not "ignoring" meter issues, and that the community has the power to change their situation!  :)

If you have any more questions, let me know.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• sonarwave
    13 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2012 5:16 PM

This is useful. I'm replying to this so I can easily find it again later.

• creamer444
    783 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 3:29 AM

ty pizza will do ty once again much appreciated ty.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 5:53 AM

Creamer...Took a look at your video... Although people like to blame WGT for these meter skips and stutters it is your system that really is the culprit. Some systems have more problems others have little to none. That is all up to your system build and whats running on it. Clearing your cache can help somewhat but clearing it too often can cause slower loading and other reasons. I find clearing you cache works best only after product updates. YJ has been preaching that one for a long time, Thanks YJ I finally paid attention...  lol...For those not so much blessed with running quad core systems with high powered video cards have to go about things a tad different. When I first started I had pretty much the same type of meter skippings. There are several things you can do to cut back a lot of the skipping your experiencing.

Here is what I have found on my computer and what I do to control the stutters.

#1. This game is very CPU use intensive and it fluctuates from low to high rapidly. That causes stutters. The lower the cpu usage is the less the stutters. So first and foremost is to shut down any unnecessary programs and processes running in the background. You can do some with using Gamebooster or Gboost along with CCcleaner using the configuration settings. Another way is to use msconfig, but you need to be careful with using that one if you aren't sure of what you are doing. Another thing is to shut down your Anti Virus updates and other auto updates on your system as those kicking in during game play can cause the swing meter stopping dead and releasing.

#2. I noticed in your video you rapidly swing back and release quickly. Big Mistake that rapid or any motion causes loading of your cpu and fluctuations with it. Any swing during high or fluctuating cpu use can cause some stutter So you need to hold your backswing for a time to let your cpu load and drop to a lower percentage. That will result in less stutter.

#3. Skype is fun to use but it does take up valuable cpu use during game play. So if you use it then you need to monitor your cpu use to know when release the swing at whatever the lowest drop is when using it which will be considerably higher than normal. 

#4. The use of a cpu meter during game play can be of help as it will allow you to see when all of the cpu fluctuations and aid in when it is best to release your down swing to get better meter results. Windows Gadgets has one but I found one I like better called Tanti Cpu that has the feature Always on top so it will stay open and overlay on my game screen. I keep it tucked away off to the right out of the way close to my swing meter easily in view. That way I know when my cpu has settled to it lowest point and it is best to release my swing for a smoother meter.

There are several other things you can do to optimize your system also. This is what works best for my computer and may vary on yours or anyone else. All computers will play this game somewhat different so learning the tricks to making it play better on yours is up to you. We don't see or use your computer so all anyone can do is provide you with suggestions that may or may not work.  WGT does have some bugs in it but unfortunately for you the ones you are experiencing and have captured in your video is on yours.

Sorry for such a long post.

RSS