Help › Forums

CTTH question

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 29 2012 11:48 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2012 6:23 AM

Can anyone explain the "potential best" number on the scorecard?

I'm wondering what makes the difference between my actual score and this number.  Sometimes it's not even different when I know I missed some shots.  I'm just clueless on this one.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2012 6:36 AM

I'll try.

Potential Best score is the sum of your "closest ever" shots on  the individual holes.

If you added up the lowest value ever of your score on each hole on the CTTH you get the "potential best" score for all 9 holes.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2012 7:10 AM

Exactly and you know it goes lower when you make a shot and get that white box around the score. That would be your closest ever shot on that hole. Restarting the round does not erase that effort.

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2012 7:37 AM

What Andy and Jim said :-)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2012 7:42 AM

YankeeJim:
    Restarting the round does not erase that effort.

I did not know that!  So when and if I ACE a hole and then get 45 ft on the next hole and restart it saves the ACE as the closest ever.  Does it also record the stat?

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2012 8:11 AM

Makes total sense.  Thanks a mill, dudes.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2012 8:13 AM

andyson:
    I did not know that!  So when and if I ACE a hole and then get 45 ft on the next hole and restart it saves the ACE as the closest ever.  Does it also record the stat?

Not sure about the stats because I never look but definitely sure about the score sticking. I've restarted games where I scored a best shot and it has always stood.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2012 8:25 AM

They do keep stats. On Wolf creek ive aced each hole so my my potential best is zero. Thats the only one ive done. Three was the last i needed. Theres a stat for ctth aces and high blitz score also.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2012 8:33 AM

Fuzzygazz:
    They do keep stats.

I think Andy was wondering if it was like ranked rounds where if you don't complete the round you don't get credit for stats. 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2012 9:18 AM

Yup, what YJ said.  Figurin' it  easier to test the Ball in the Water stat rather than the ACE stat, I decided to sacrifice a couple of old, beat-up, BX-Ds to the WGT Golf Gods on the Best of Water Holes CTTH.

I started out with 36 balls in the water for all game types on my "Water Boy" award. (if all Callys that would be $42!!)

Played BofW CTTH and plunked one in the lake on #8 (noted Harbor Town ball magnet H2O) intentionally (ahem).  I finished up on #9 and my Water Boy went up to 37.  So yes Water Boy includes CTTHs.

Started another BofW CTTH and drowned one on #1,   Played #2.  Then restarted on the tee of #3.

Water Boy stat didn't change.  Still at 37.

IMO, it is safe to assume a CTTH ACE won't register in stats unless you complete the round.

• PAGES
RSS