Forums

Help › Forums

OK WGT Pizza - be truthful with us......

Tue, Dec 4 2012 1:14 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 6:41 PM

The R11s Hybrid

In another thread, I am threatening to give away one of these clubs when I reach Level 96.

But I do ask who wants it and why.

Minimal response so far, which doesn't surprise me at all, given that at Level 96 those players will have more than enough experience and skill to never need such a club.

Originally these type of clubs were called 'rescue clubs', something that got you maximum distance out of semi rough.

Now a good player here will hardly ever hit the rough, so he is highly unlikely to ever take such a club out of his bag.

Where is this club aimed for, because to me at Level 96 it has no desirability at all.

If you gave away a sleeve of Nikes with every purchase, then possibly some would buy it out of sheer curiosity.

So my question WGTPizza is "how many of this club have you sold ?'

The answer if you answer truthfully, will be fascinating.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 7:42 PM

oneeyedjohn:
    because to me at Level 96 it has no desirability at all.

Don't want to rain on your parade but it begs the question.."why offer it then ?"

oneeyedjohn:
    Now a good player here will hardly ever hit the rough, so he is highly unlikely to ever take such a club out of his bag.

I think it is more likely that the good players know HOW to get out of the rough rather than "hardly ever" hit it...

oneeyedjohn:

So my question WGTPizza is "how many of this club have you sold ?'

The answer if you answer truthfully, will be fascinating.

That won't be answered, truthfully or otherwise..

Andy

Edit : 'Bumped' your original thread, someone will be very happy to get the club.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 12:24 AM

i was gonna slag u off for jumping on my threads that don't concern you and say something like I could beat ya round StAndys with my eyes ( eye ) closed , but on checking ur stats u seem to have the edge on me, so I won't go down that road.

Please don't tear my thread apart with ur presumptions before WGTPizza answers, if he ever does.

The fun of offering a level 96 club was to see who would try and win it, and so far I have to say there are no entries of merit.

There is another thread concerning the absolute lack motivation for carrying on after reaching TL and level 96, and this is just an adjunct to that, because WGTPizza promised all "interesting comments" were noted.

• borntobesting
    9,688 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 2:36 AM

About the only people who might want it are the ones who get the Max irons as there is a huge gap between any of the higher level 3 woods and the Max 3 iron.

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 2:43 AM

it could be very helpful for a certain CCTH shot ... if u play those for creds i would guess..

peace

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 3:25 AM

you'd get a surprise just how many people have bought this club...even at level 96. many will buy it just because it's part of the club set. many will buy it because it's a rescue club or that they see it as an alternative to the 3 wood....others will buy it just to burn credits :)

the other thing is.....it's not very often you'll use every club in the bag anyway...but we still humph 14 around the course.....virtual & real life :)

i think the main point here is that WGT is giving players the choice of what set ups they feel comfortable with.....just like any real life golf shop.

• Beryman
    9,099 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 3:45 AM

i would rather tote the hybrid around instead of the 3 iron if we were given that option

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 6:54 AM

oneeyedjohn:
    Please don't tear my thread apart with ur presumptions before WGTPizza answers, if he ever does.

Don't think I tore it apart.....I asked a valid question, gave an opinion and stated a fact.

oneeyedjohn:
    i was gonna slag u off for jumping on my threads that don't concern you

Yeah that would be a bit like the 'pot calling the kettle black' and as it was posted in a public forum I thought it invited comment.

If the thread was started to only get a response from Pizza, then a 'wall post' is probably the best route.

oneeyedjohn:
    say something like I could beat ya round StAndys with my eyes ( eye ) closed , but on checking ur stats u seem to have the edge on me, so I won't go down that road.

"Discretion IS the better part of valor"

Like I said I wasn't trying to "rain on your parade", just because we had a disagreement the other day, doesn't mean hostilities have commenced and it's open warfare...

I think you undertaking to 'gifting' the club in the near future is a good thing.

Hit Well...............Andy

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 7:12 AM

I rented the hybrid at the free rental weekend ONLY because i rented the max irons and i needed something in-between my 3 iron and wood and the fact the max irons PW is 100 yards so I could drop my 100 yard wedge instead, but i would not buy it or ever use it (I still have the lower level hybrid which I've never used) You dont need a hybrid to be honest, a punched 3 iron can get you just as close.  The hybrid should either have been available at a lower level or increased its distance to 232, then I'm sure a lot might actually use it instead of a wood and rush out to buy it due to the extra distance.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 11:39 AM

alcaucin:
    If the thread was started to only get a response from Pizza, then a 'wall post' is probably the best route.

Exactly.

Oneeyedjohn, while I appreciate you reaching out to me, if you require a direct response from me, or another WGT staff member, please message them directly.

If you have a topic you would like to discuss, feel free to ask for my input in a thread.

The question you have asked is not a topic which we can discuss. I mean this literally. You asked me a question that has a numerical answer. Even if I COULD speak to this, there is no discussion set forth in this thread, only one question with a finite answer. For future reference, I will not discuss the "sales" of WGT.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• PAGES
RSS