Forums

Help › Forums

Ever noticed...?

Sun, Dec 2 2012 2:59 PM (6 replies)
  • gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 8:33 AM

I read this in the forums earlier...

I can still card the sub 60 occasionally when WGT lets me.

I really like and totally agree with this comment. Has anyone else ever noticed how in many of your rounds you play extreemly well tee-to-green but every time you get to your birdie putt it has an almost unmakeable break to it? I admit that once in a while you also get a lot of makeable putts, but for me these are very rare, particularly when playing tournaments.

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 8:38 AM

The key to really consistent birdie opportunities with a more makable putt, is getting your ball to the right position on the green relative to the flag. I myself can only do this occasionally but I do know where I would like to putt from, rather than just trying to stick it close!

Cheers!

Six

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 9:37 AM

sixkiller:
    The key to really consistent birdie opportunities with a more makable putt, is getting your ball to the right position on the green relative to the flag.

Very true....still haven't worked out a couple on 'Oakie' yet..

• Steve442
    710 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 10:35 AM

sixkiller:
    The key to really consistent birdie opportunities with a more makable putt, is getting your ball to the right position on the green relative to the flag. I myself can only do this occasionally but I do know where I would like to putt from, rather than just trying to stick it close!

Never a truer word spoken. 

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 1:53 PM

Getting your ball to the right position on the green relative to the flag."

I believe I could do this if it were possible to look at a "putting grid" of the green when I arrive at my approach shot.  You must be able to do this so would you share what steps you take to look at this grid?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 2:16 PM

gerryniswonger:

I believe I could do this if it were possible to look at a "putting grid" of the green when I arrive at my approach shot.  You must be able to do this so would you share what steps you take to look at this grid?

This is why people take notes, simalar to what a pro does, so when you arrive at your approach shot you know where to play for (and same for the drive for that matter). Sadly I am a slow learner, I take mental notes but often have seniors moments and secondly often lack the ability to put the ball where I know it should be lol.

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 2:59 PM

alanti:

gerryniswonger:

This is why people take notes, simalar to what a pro does, so when you arrive at your approach shot you know where to play for (and same for the drive for that matter). Sadly I am a slow learner, I take mental notes but often have seniors moments and secondly often lack the ability to put the ball where I know it should be lol.

You can, to have a look at the grid when you are hitting your approach shot, go to pitch view and then do the green view.  This will let you see the break that is in the green, as well as letting you know what the slope is.

RSS