Forums

Help › Forums

Chip on green

Fri, Dec 7 2012 7:19 AM (27 replies)
  • Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 3:35 PM

WGTicon:

Chipping  on the green is not illegal, so I don't think anything is wrong with it.

-wgticon

I didn't mean it's illegal, I only think is quite unfair if "I can putt" from 45yds and my game mate chip, pitch, flop or punch from the same distance. Maybe I didn't explain what I would like to share.

Cheers,
    Davide. 

• daddd1
    171 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 6:05 PM

Fraenkel:

WGTicon:

Chipping  on the green is not illegal, so I don't think anything is wrong with it.

-wgticon

I didn't mean it's illegal, I only think is quite unfair if "I can putt" from 45yds and my game mate chip, pitch, flop or punch from the same distance. Maybe I didn't explain what I would like to share.

Cheers,
    Davide. 

you will have to learn the chip on the green, than you won't have to complain about it. it takes a lot of practice, practice pays off.

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2012 6:43 AM

I recently spent several hours practicing wedges on the greens.  It is quite difficult but it's well worth learning for putts over 30 feet with HUGE breaks.  (I've actually holed 2 of them over 50 feet)

• hotcarrie
    865 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2012 8:37 AM

i see it as cheating. were you to use a wedge on any green at a golf club you would probalbly be asked to leave

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2012 2:15 PM

Fraenkel:

Hello fellas.

I'm not a kind of person that remark a problem on WGT, I love that site and how It goes for me but there's a question that involve many of us. Every one of us surely play a match play where the opponent play "dirty" with acting on chip on green from distance putt. 

I usually do not contest that and I didn't do it with my rival but it's quite unfair play like this, well-known that in real match play if You shot chip on green game go end with 2 strokes under, even if happen when you play with your mates at the CC: I brake my driver on you back mate.

So I hope that for the next year WGT will act on the green's condition and remove the possibility to choose different clubs except the putter.

I think that's not a hard option to patch on the game. 
    So guys c'mon, let's stop chip on green.

Cheers and ciao,
    Davide. 

I rather keep and have it more realistic and close to the real game than take it out and make it non realistic more. Geez, with all this you don't like this and tell wgt to change it just for your own liking. I notice more complaining than actually enjoying the game the way it is.

How is it cheating if the real pros are doing it all the time? Youtube shows this.

• creamer444
    783 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2012 2:21 PM

correct     its just some people dont no the rules of golf thats all

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2012 2:35 PM

Fraenkel:

WGTicon:

-wgticon

Cheers,
    Davide. 

Then go to the golf association and tell them to put in their rule book that no one is able to do it. The Pros do it all the time.

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2012 2:50 PM

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=df647a81-7334-43db-9bf4-a0fc01332db2    It takes many hours of practice to get this right. I spent the time , effort and $$ to get it.And as any golfer knows----you are NOT required to even carry a putter in your bag !I will use the shot whenever I want to.

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=1b2f3bce-4196-4f02-98d3-a12001219b7f Ya'all see now-------getting the ball in the hole in fewest strokes possible is the goal. How it gets there is irrelavant! It is simply a matter of choice. (and legal)

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=a74772b7-4bc9-484f-942b-a120011f510e Shame   on me !

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2012 3:48 PM

My fault, difference languages can't be never fill if someone didn't understand or didn't "try to" understand what non english speechers shows to the rest of the forum. It was a personal thinking not catch correctly but by the way I pass over and give my thanks to who even read between the line. More easy for who point his finger when the thread got no real related links, except for the second post about Yankee Jim.

My english sucks, I give you my apology for misunderstanding.

That's my second strike. 
    Agree with "Any club on any surface" but still unfair for me, just a conception.

Cheers and salut,
    David.

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2012 6:04 PM

No worries......Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I respect that, but the rules of golf have been in place for over 100 years . Cheating is when you break the rules, in any game. Green wedgers are not breaking any rules, so the insinuation we are "cheating" is just wrong and uncalled for.

I realize you never said it was cheating, but lots of others have. My opinion remains unchanged.   Regards and putt well !

RSS