Forums

Help › Forums

Chip on green

Fri, Dec 7 2012 7:19 AM (27 replies)
  • Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 6:47 AM

Hello fellas.

I'm not a kind of person that remark a problem on WGT, I love that site and how It goes for me but there's a question that involve many of us. Every one of us surely play a match play where the opponent play "dirty" with acting on chip on green from distance putt. 

I usually do not contest that and I didn't do it with my rival but it's quite unfair play like this, well-known that in real match play if You shot chip on green game go end with 2 strokes under, even if happen when you play with your mates at the CC: I brake my driver on you back mate.

So I hope that for the next year WGT will act on the green's condition and remove the possibility to choose different clubs except the putter.

I think that's not a hard option to patch on the game. 
    So guys c'mon, let's stop chip on green.

Cheers and ciao,
    Davide. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 6:57 AM

One of many discussions on the subject.............

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/12424/78365.aspx#78365

• Funkyjunkie3000
    722 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 7:05 AM

Any club at any time rules state, its no different than putting from the fairway as many of us do in real life

• creamer444
    783 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 7:32 AM

the pros are allowed to chip on greens take phil mickelson for example and so are we.

• ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 7:40 AM

Hey there,

personally the only time i use an iron on green is to read/confirm the line i want then i will putt it, only time i use chip/flop is on the fringe of the green, personally i dont like the use of chip/pitch when actually on the green as it just doesnt sit well with me

regards

ladzrls

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 2:28 PM

creamer444:

the pros are allowed to chip on greens take phil mickelson for example and so are we.

Yeah, 2002 Ryder Cup.
    Maybe it's not clear but sometimes that shot remind me up a movie.

"Jurassic Park: where dinos play golf with indian clubs"

I know that's got no regulation but still be a unfair game, I think.

Cheers,
    Davide.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 2:40 PM

Chipping  on the green is not illegal, so I don't think anything is wrong with it.

-wgticon

• alpenpirat
    1,155 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 2:47 PM

Fraenkel:

Hello fellas.

I'm not a kind of person that remark a problem on WGT, I love that site and how It goes for me but there's a question that involve many of us. Every one of us surely play a match play where the opponent play "dirty" with acting on chip on green from distance putt. 

I think that's not a hard option to patch on the game. 
    So guys c'mon, let's stop chip on green.

Cheers and ciao,
    Davide. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLTOc2TVAs8

• creamer444
    783 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 2:52 PM

if someone wants to chip on the green thats there choice same as its your choice not to do so.

• alpenpirat
    1,155 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 2:55 PM

Hey.. Im very sorry about ..

But how decacdent is this question..... or this thema here.... now me lestions please ... 

RSS