Forums

Help › Forums

Chip on green

Fri, Dec 7 2012 7:19 AM (27 replies)
  • Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2012 12:34 AM

Yep mate, I only said that's unfair.

Maybe I'll need to start to play some good chip from distance greens.

Cheers,
    Davide. 

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2012 1:01 AM

Romax:

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=df647a81-7334-43db-9bf4-a0fc01332db2    It takes many hours of practice to get this right. I spent the time , effort and $ to get it.And as any golfer knows----you are NOT required to even carry a putter in your bag !I will use the shot whenever I want to.

I even got a replay of longer shot of wedge on the green with eagle on my profile of 29 yards. I think they are cool to do.

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2012 2:02 AM

I could make the same eagle with my putter.

Yo mate, I wouldn't create a misunderstanding for my pleasure. I can only say that, even if require more practice (that's a quest), putting got a little trouble and that's because ball roll for 100% of the shot on the greens turf. Chipping and pitching got no effect from lie and wind, so for me still be unfair and I want to let you know that I didn't considere a kind of cheating or robbing or something else. 

I'm a good mate, I think isn't a battle my a personal opinion, that's all.

Cheers,
    David. 

• kirkone888
    140 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2012 2:43 AM

you can't do it in a real game so you should be able do it on here mate

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2012 5:17 AM

Fraenkel:
    Maybe I'll need to start to play some good chip from distance greens.

Why? Just because a few players insist on using it because it's legal? Stay with what works for you. WGT took a lot of the advantage of using this away and now it takes a lot of practice to perfect it. IMO, don't waste your time.

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2012 5:43 AM

Appreciate that mate, appreciate all the comments indeed.

I only underline what I was thinking about that debating point. Anybody can use clubs following the rules of the game and I don't want that thread became another hubbub.

I love the spirits of that forum and feel sorry if a discussion gone bad, specially if I started that topic. I remark that was only my personal opinion and I surely putt from 103yds if that will happen, my ghost spider cost me a fortune.

Cheers fellas, respect you.

Ciao,
    Davide. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2012 5:49 AM

Fraenkel:
    I love the spirits of that forum and feel sorry if a discussion gone bad, specially if I started that topic. I remark that was only my personal opinion

There was nothing that went bad in this thread. You obviously have a little translation difficulty but are definitely understandable. Everybody in this thread just gave their opinion, like you, and there was no negative stuff. You're doing fine.  :-)

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2012 7:19 AM

You're all nice fellas, thank you.

Ciao,
    Davide.

RSS