Forums

Help › Forums

Abused on the back nine..

Mon, Dec 10 2012 9:25 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Scott2mee
    281 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2012 1:06 AM

Earlier I was playing nine holes with two other members.. One of them was a female and the other member began making sick remarks towards her and was being really abusive.. I asked him to stop this and he started in on me.. I just want to play this game and get better at it and maybe have some fun along the way.. I eventually forfited the round. which is probably what he was hopeing for.. Is there anything WGT can do to stop this person from speaking like this to other players in the future.. Thanks for your time..

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2012 2:23 AM

Email the offending player's name/profile details etc.

To members@worldgolftour.com

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2012 4:34 AM

Take a screen shot of the abusive chat and send it along with it. You can use windows snipit or green shot, both are good. Save it to you HD and send it with the email.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2012 6:37 AM

not to offend or anything, but the title of this thread is priceless .. lol

as an alternative, there's other ways of dealing with verbally abusive players .. i find these plonkers to be generally of lesser intelligence, so it's easy to get under their skin and mess with their tiny heads .. sends their game down the crapper .. and u don't have to be rude in return .. just a couple of well placed, clever retorts usually does the trick ..

• scottishbloke
    1,277 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2012 7:39 AM

when having abuse i found best way was to ignore chat. turn it off and keep playing they either drop out or shut up.been  while since i have had any .i keep to playing with friends.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2012 7:44 AM

I just mention for them to please continue, I don't have enough screenshots of the chat for WGT yet.  :-)

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2012 9:00 AM

chris5214:

not to offend or anything, but the title of this thread is priceless .. lol

This thoughts was running around my brain also Chris, and yet so dis appropriate enough to deter me from reminding myself and everyone of that awful evening in the back lane, talk about foul strokes.

As for the Original Post, it is rare for any body else to get a word in edgewise whilst playing along with me and this maybe, could be a way to win friends and lose effluent people sir.

Lizzie xx

• qazxcbb
    290 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2012 9:48 AM

YankeeJim:

I just mention for them to please continue, I don't have enough screenshots of the chat for WGT yet.  :-)

Priceless, will be using that in future,

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2012 10:08 AM

nanstar:

Email the offending player's name/profile details etc.

To members@worldgolftour.com

please take screenshots as well. those are paramount.

-wgticon

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2012 3:01 PM

YankeeJim:

Excellent idea!

When I find some dude, 'coming on' to a gal - nice legs, nice skirt etc.

I tell them to go off to the avatar gallery  there is hundreds of avatars he can have a nice old time with.

• PAGES
RSS