Forums

Help › Forums

The New and Better WGT?

Mon, Dec 17 2012 1:07 PM (29 replies)
  • chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 2:59 PM

well it looks pretty damn amazing .. the little i've seen so far .. if they get the game physics right and make it hard & not pi$$ easy , they might have a winner ..

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 3:32 PM

I cant wait to spend money on this new game.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 4:02 PM

Looked pretty nice. Sounds like they're building their own courses. Wonder if they can put out a new course faster than WGT.

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 4:09 PM

in b4 lock.............but is sure is nice to alert WGT that they may have competition and it's time to get on the stick and do some actual work instead of tossing out gimmick after gimmick.  if this takes off, it puts a huge dent in the playerbase over here....just sayin'.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 5:01 PM

Nah,  I have too much invested in WGT,  friends mainly.

But another online golf game can't be a bad thing for the players here.  Don't think anyone will ever be able to come close to WGT's graphics, unless they do the same by taking all the HD photos and such.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 5:26 PM

well dropped them an email, we will see what they have to say, i will let you guys know as soon as i hear something.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 6:04 PM

This is the team behind ForeGolf if anyone's ever heard of them...I've not...probably cause they're stateside....golf simulators as such.

Had a dig around on their backgrounds regarding gaming (will refrain from posting what I found on here though) but they seem to have a pretty decent infrastructure (possibly because they wrote the stuff up themselves).....if anyone's heard of Floridian based Erik Lugris-Founder & co maybe they can chime in.

My own personal thoughts are.....ever since day one I've played WGT because of their HD graphics...and real life golf courses...not just non existent made up courses like other rivals, which is a huge fail....and is the reason why I've only ever hit 3 or 4 holes on TWO in the time I've been a member here and that was only cause WGT were doing their weekly update.

I also come here daily to meet up with, play with and chat with friends I've made over the last 2 & 1/2 years.....so my loyalties are with WGT.

Do WGT have anything to worry about? Well from what I see, this new site seems more a rival & competition to TWO in my opinion. At least TWO use existing courses.

I enjoy WGT too much & have met too many decent people to go elsewhere. Also I like what Chad & co have done here, remembering that he had the vision and followed it through...and it's still growing....where as this other mob have been really slow to get off the starter blocks. I like to watch successful sites grow and where I can I will always offer my support in way of opinions and $$$

From just having an idea about an online game to the game we have today (5 years later)....that's taken some sustainance and a ton of hard work and a task only on par with trying to steal Lvietri's last pizza slice during Friday night poker.

Sure....I like to squeal / whine / moan my head off at times.........but then again, you should hear the profanities & expletives I belt out from time to time on real life courses.....so in that aspect WGT again is realistic enough :)

It's too easy to say some folks will walk from here over to this new site, but this new site will also attract new players to WGT. Life's a two way street.

Best for folks to wait and see what their game is actually like because the internet is full of great ideas & empty promises.

For me....well I'm a WGT'er all the way.

I want to play St Andrews not St Bartholemies.....Royal St George not Royal St Georgina...Olympic not Commonwealth....Congressional not Kengressional :)

Real life courses in superior quality HD graphics.......anything else is such a fail and any company looking to compete against WGT.....well they've already missed the bus by quite a few years. WGT are a tough act to follow....they're improving constantly & moving forward all the time.

This is just my nickle

tbe

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 6:32 PM

My turn  ,,  This could just weed out some of the " Players "  that need to move on ,

OPY   iaaRft

RSS